Sign in to follow this  

Convert DRZ-125 to DRZ-125L?

Can you convert a DRZ-125 to a DRZ-125L simply by putting DRZ-125L rims, tires and front disc brake on the DRZ-125 or are there other differences?

Are the forks and swingarm the sme length? For some odd reason I thought they were different in length.

Are the forks and swingarm the sme length? For some odd reason I thought they were different in length.

Asked the question to the dealer today but didn't get that far. Once he said he would have to order the tire, rim and spokes separately plus the labor to put it all together it would cost around $500 for a single wheel and tire. I didn't ask any questions after that. Completely aborted the idea to convert a DR-Z125 to a DR-Z125L.

I also thought the brakes were larger on one of them but that could have been a guys that just popped into my head

I also thought the brakes were larger on one of them but that could have been a guys that just popped into my head

Both bikes have rear drum brakes. Don't know if they're the same size. DR-Z125 has a front drum brake. DR-Z125L has a front disc brake. Chains are different lengths.

Gemini, why not do a kx85 front end conversion? Its the same as a KX100 conversion, but has the smaller wheel the same size as your DR-Z125.

Gemini, why not do a kx85 front end conversion? Its the same as a KX100 conversion, but has the smaller wheel the same size as your DR-Z125.

I'm not familiar with a KX85 or KX100 conversion, but at over $500 for a single wheel any conversion is out of the question. I don't really seem to have any ergonomic problem (being cramped, e.g.) with the bike. I've got a 30" inseam but my wife's got a 34" inseam. Was planning on using this bike to train her on. Don't know if she will have any problems with the lower seat height. But if she likes trail riding I'll get her a DR-Z125L, this time making damn sure before I leave the dealership that it is the L. The DRZ-125 has a 30.5" seat height. My first bike was a Bridgestone 50cc street bike with a 29.5" seat height. Don't remember feeling cramped on that bike.  

Can you convert a DRZ-125 to a DRZ-125L simply by putting DRZ-125L rims, tires and front disc brake on the DRZ-125 or are there other differences?

I also would like to know about this, I have an 03 klx125 and want to put the L model wheels on if it's possible without too much of a hassle.

I also would like to know about this, I have an 03 klx125 and want to put the L model wheels on if it's possible without too much of a hassle.

Your best bet would probably be directly asking this question to the dealer.