Sign in to follow this  

Bike dies while going down the road

when my dr350 started cutting out it turned out to be the cdi needed replacing , but there's many other possibilities ,

could be a duff ht coil or pick up coil , or bad ht lead or plug cap , or a bit of crap floating around in your carb ,etc etc

if you have a manual and an electrical tester you can run resistance tests on the electrical components ,stripping and cleaning the carb is a simple job

So after thinking of all the major things that I could and getting frusted this last time I had the bike on the stand and tried to get it to die while going and it did and right away I noticed what it was !! my kickstand was loose and vibrating down a little bit so it would engage the safety switch and kill the bike thinking that the kick stand was down. 

good to know you got it sussed and its a cheap fix,

the previous owner of my bike had put a zip tie around the stand switch to keep it pushed in permanently, guess he had similar problems to you,

I took the switch off and threw it way then joined the wires together,

Good to hear u got the problem fixed relatively easy! Hate those electric safety do dads... Had a problem with my powerwasher not working because the oil safety wire was reading low/no oil... Pulled that wire! Now just have to remember to check the oil