Sign in to follow this  

New boots

Buying new boots. Currently have fly mavericks. Good for the money but they're still cheap need something better. Don't want to spend more than 300. Suggestions?

Shop around online nows the time to buy alot of stuff is on sale i got some tech10s on sale through motosports.com and honestly they been my smartest best buy so far, they were $3 something if i didn't have them id be on crutches right now

Gaerne GX-1. $200 on ebay and the best boot for the money. Italian made, heavy, solid and durable. Head and shoulders over every boot in the price range.

• Like 1

I had some entry level model of Gaerne boots from age 14-22.

The only problem i had was one broken buckle and i wore out the inner sole.

I only retired them because they were too tight.

My little brother used them for a while after that but he out grew them.

I bought alpine star tech 8 boots for like 400$ and hated them. if your over size 11 you don't want that replaceable inner booty crap it makes your size 12 like a size 14 on the outside.  And if you have wide feet you have to buy them a size large which makes your 12 actually 15 externally :/ used them for one ride hated them huge and clunky, not even roomy...

went down and bough Gaerne SG10 boots for 300$ on sale.

most comfortable boot Ive ever worn, No break in and there is no urgency to remove them after a ride.

Nice and roomy for guys with wide feet.  These are the only boots if you ever order your shoes in wide..

I don't know why I strayed from Gaerne I won't again.

• Like 1

Another vote for Gaerne here. I have been using SG12's for the last couple years with no issues banging them on rocks, roots, logs and everything else out there. After looking at other brands it became obvious that Gaernes were designed to hold up to hard use. The design of Sidi and Alpinestars nowadays looks gimmicky and fragile imho.

Check out Forma. I have TX HPS for $249 shipped. They are made overseas in Italy and are superb quality. They have a variety of styles. Some are straight MX others are DS and Offroad. Check them out on atomicmoto.com. Forgot to add. They are also hinged! I just checked they are $279 now but even for that price they are awesome boots. They aren't popular around the US due to limited dealers of them. Overseas they are big.

Mine fit like slippers.

Edited by YZ2Smoker98

Ended up buying sixsixone flights. Got a good review on motocross action. Think ill like them

Best bang, for your buck, best boots I ever owned, great ankle support, and are still in great condition after one season on them. I will buy these again.

gaerne gx-1 $189.99

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/hot+deals/boots+and+socks+blowout+sale/gaerne_gx-1+boots

I just clicked the link, that's them, almost the exact same boot I wore for 8! Years! I've got nothing bad to say about them.... But my gaerne sg10s are much sturdier.

went down and bough Gaerne SG10 boots for 300$ on sale.

most comfortable boot Ive ever worn, No break in and there is no urgency to remove them after a ride.

Nice and roomy for guys with wide feet.  These are the only boots if you ever order your shoes in wide..

I don't know why I strayed from Gaerne I won't again.

+3 on Gaerne