Sign in to follow this  

Turn signals w/ aftermarket exhaust (MRD shorty?)

Anyone out here own (or owned) the MRD shorty exhaust (2" shorter than standard)? I want to know if it burns the stock turn signal. I read from a post in 2010 that the regular length MRD does in fact burn the turn signal.

In the older post, there was short list of exhausts that did not. But I don't know if the MRD short was an option then.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Derek

The MRD shorty does not affect the 602 flashers in any way. Unfortunately my very first mod was the DRC tail light holder and flashers so I cannot comment for the stock flashers.

If it burns the stock flashers you could always upgrade!

The MRD shorty does not affect the 602 flashers in any way. Unfortunately my very first mod was the DRC tail light holder and flashers so I cannot comment for the stock flashers.

If it burns the stock flashers you could always upgrade!

Would you be willing to post a picture of your exhaust so I can eyeball the distance from where stock TS are?

008.JPG 

Would you be willing to post a picture of your exhaust so I can eyeball the distance from where stock TS are?

hope you can see them in the pic. aftermarket in this set up does not burn with stock length MRD.008.JPG

The MRD reg version of z-pro most certainly melts the right rear turn signal. The OEM one on the stock fender. :( I got a Edge2 with pc board after my meltdown. Now want to add some back on the rear. Just to keep cops happy.

• Like 1

The MRD reg version of z-pro most certainly melts the right rear turn signal. The OEM one on the stock fender. :( I got a Edge2 with pc board after my meltdown. Now want to add some back on the rear. Just to keep cops happy.

+1..... I have been down this road before....http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/822076-fried-indicator-anyone/#!GREuf

• Like 1

Also. I think mine is not a shorty. Even though I specified it in my order.

Anybody confirm this?

You can, the standard length is 14" and the shorty is 12". Grab a tape measure and investigate!

• Like 1

You can, the standard length is 14" and the shorty is 12". Grab a tape measure and investigate!

Took a tape measure to my exhaust today and sure enough it is the 14" canister. It was ordered as a 12" shorty system. Found my invoices and submitted it to TT. These guys seem really cool so I assume there won't be any problems.

• Like 1

Also. I think mine is not a shorty. Even though I specified it in my order.

Anybody confirm this?

I can tell by your pics yours is not a shorty,  i shortened mine me self,  turned out good,  removed 2 inches.

• Like 1