Sign in to follow this  

Just baught 2009 yz 250 - fuel mixture question

So yeah hey my names Dylan I'm new thumper talk so sorry if my post isint detailed enough ,

But yeah I just purchased a 2009 yz 250 have a few questions , first the guy I baught it from says there is 3 hours on whole motor , I didint see receipts so who knows , compression seemed well and it started first kick , but the guy says he was running 50:1 with premium gas and amsoil , I was wondering would it be bad / or good to switch over to 40:1 cause I know book recommends 32:1 which I never do but I just wanna run a bit more oil then 50:1 cause I want bike to last lol I paid good penny for it , so I'm wondering would it hurt for me to do the switch

And also one other thing I noticed when choke is on and I start it it will idle very high ! And tire will start turning , well on the stand , but once choke is off it calms down , is this something bad or that could damage bike ?

And also another question , when I got bike I didint receive ownership , I Lovie in ontario canada , I did get a bull of sale written up and signed , does anyone know how I can get an ownership for it ?

Wouldn't hurt to do the switch , actually it is quite a good idea. But the guy prob had it jetted for the 50:1 mix so you might have to rejet it I could help you if you would tell me what size jets ur running right now

To find out the jet sizes you will have to take the carb off and pop off the float bowl that is on the bottom of the carb and held on by 4 philps head screws and then right in the middle to will clearly see your main jet and right beneath it there will be the pilot jet (it sets really far down in the hole). Take both jets out and on the side there will be a small number