Sign in to follow this  

250x piston will a 2008 R piston fit in an 2006 x?

Greetings all...I'm pretty new to the forum, but have been lurking for quite some time.

Have a 2006 250x that I need to freshen up.  Want to bump the compression on the piston from stock and it seems the consensus is that I can be pretty safe with 92 premium gas and a 13.5:1 compression ration.

Somewhere, someone stated that a stock Honda piston 13101-KRN-A10  (listed for a 2008 250R) is a 13.5:1 CR.  

Can I run this on my 2006 X??

Also, one quick question...when I look at Pistons online there sometimes are pistons that list the specifications but also add a letter such as "A", "B", or "C".   What do these letter mean??  Is it like an oversize indicator much like the old two strokes "bored over"??

Thanks for any help you can offer this old timer.

personally I would go with the wiseco 13.5.1 that's what I put in mine very good quality and while you have the motor stripped an o5r cam and flywheel plenty on ebay do the ccc mods and then get it set up on a dyno.then for not a lot of outlay you have a much more powerful 250x that's like how Honda should make them.also plenty on youtube and google about all this

Hi if you are looking for a good long lasting piston give woesner a try german made quality forged pistons at a realy good price used quite a few and they last,just built a CRF 300X 82mm Woesner13.5/1 piston + 4mm Falicon stroker super crank runs mint so smooth and goes real well.

Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Adamsavage... hey, someone told me that they didn't like the wiesco due to the material it was created from tends to "swell" when it gets hot. They said that you have to have a bit of sloppyness (i.e. piston rattling a bit) until it warms up. Once warm it works great, but it slaps around a bit messing with the cylinder when cold. Know anything about that...any comment??

Martin...don't do that to me...a CRF300...oh yea!!! I can only dream about that!! Yea, I totally want a long lasting set up...I'll take a look.

Thanks again!!

Yes you can put the 2008 R piston in your 2006 X. Make sure you buy the ring for the 2008 R as it is thinner than your 2006. That is what I have in my 2004 X. The Oem pistons are very good. If you want to go with the aftermarket pistons they are good too. Definitely go to an R cam. Different years are more wild than others but Al are better than the stock X cam. You won't regret that mod. Also open your air box and get a higher flowing exhaust. 2004 2005 250r stock pipes and silencers work well for those of us on a budget. You can also remove and modify your baffle in your stock end cap. When you are all done re jet for the changes and your bike will feel like a different bike.

Hi my boy got back from his breaking ride last night on that crf300x motor he just said its said its well rapid! He can get up any thing now power is not a problem should be making a good 40bhp and has great torque from idel up not bad for a carbed bike.

i like the sound of that 300 kit martin were is it available from did you do anything to the head the 300 conversion is what im thinking about doing at the end of this season and maybe looking at the fastheads big bore full race head

Its a fairly easy convertion send your crank out to a company that can stroke it by 4mm ie move the crank pin center 2 mm out wards use the stock lenght con rod lift the cylinder up 2mm with a spacer plate or use 5 extra cylinder base gaskets as they are .4mm thick and a 2014 crf250r cam chain plus some other small things to do if you want drop me a line when you are ready to do it and I will talk you through it you will also need to run a 82mm piston/cylinder off road only do them for about £150.00 or you can go and use the athena kit as we have done with a woesner 82mm 13.5/1 piston but the cr will end up higher than that but it runs fine on pump gas.

Greetings all...I'm pretty new to the forum, but have been lurking for quite some time.

Have a 2006 250x that I need to freshen up. Want to bump the compression on the piston from stock and it seems the consensus is that I can be pretty safe with 92 premium gas and a 13.5:1 compression ration.

Somewhere, someone stated that a stock Honda piston 13101-KRN-A10 (listed for a 2008 250R) is a 13.5:1 CR.

Can I run this on my 2006 X??

Also, one quick question...when I look at Pistons online there sometimes are pistons that list the specifications but also add a letter such as "A", "B", or "C". What do these letter mean?? Is it like an oversize indicator much like the old two strokes "bored over"??

Thanks for any help you can offer this old timer.

I remember the post you are talking about. He said the R piston actually comes out to 13.2:1 compared to the weisco 13.5:1, but pairing it with the R cam and head swap was plenty of upgrade with OEM reliability. Pretty sure the '08 R cam and '05 R head were his suggestion with the '08 piston.