Sign in to follow this  

Future sound of motocross?

Didn't see this posted yet. These things look faster than I thought they would be.

• Like 11

Didn't see this posted yet. These things look faster than I thought they would be.

http://vurbmoto.com/videos/future-sound-motocross/17527/

This guy is haulin!!! This is a great addition.. the more riding the better!! E bikes add to the mix.  xcountry? ... the new ktm's in your vid look better than the zeros though..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

One thing I thought of right away is you won't be able to hear anyone coming up behind you.   As someone mentioned in their "comments" section, it certainly removes NOISE COMPLAINTS from the list of track problems.  I'd like to try one..

Wow... I have seen the limited KTM Freeride in pictures, never saw it ridden though. I'm so intrigued and so unsure. I would like to see some videos from the spectators position, I'd also like to read what riders thought of the ride. Along with no noise, it probably wouldn't be affected by altitude like carbs were. We all know batteries die in cold weather though, so how does it do then? I wonder what the horsepower ratio is? Does it feel like a 2t or a 4t? It just sounds so different from what you see...

I'm quite perplexed, but would definitely love to try one out...

One thing I thought of right away is you won't be able to hear anyone coming up behind you.   As someone mentioned in their "comments" section, it certainly removes NOISE COMPLAINTS from the list of track problems.  I'd like to try one..

So would I.  I don't necessarily think the bike will hang out in the desert like I ride my smokers, but around a track, the damn thing looks pretty good.  I think too the price tag is going to be outrageous, not to mention, when the thing breaks down, who knows.  If I had the millions, I'd definitely buy into one.  They seem to kick ass around tracks, and like you said, they seem to be really quite giving it the advantage when you sneak up to someone and they let their guard down. :thumbsup::devil:

• Like 1

Sounds like my brushless remote control car goin around... Nope give me a motor...

• Like 1

They got passed by a Power Wheels  :lol:

I really like them.  If they ever make the fold to the masses for a decent price, I'm more than likely to buy into one before I buy a thumper.  I'd love to see what bullshit then BLM comes up with restricting it's use. PS: I hate BLM! No, let me rephrase that, I "really" hate BLM  :devil:

Edited by YZ490-DEVIL
  • Like 2

I really like them.  If they ever make the fold to the masses for a decent price, I'm more than likely to buy into one before I buy a thumper.  I'd love to see what bullshit then BLM comes up with restricting it's use. PS: I hate BLM! No, let me rephrase that, I "really" hate BLM  :devil:

I would like to see one with the upgraded barbie motor  :lol:

• Like 1

More petro goes into those batteries than the bike will save.

2 stroke is the future.

These bikes are in the infancy of their development. I love smokers and thumpers, but these will be the future. I don't know how long it will take before they are mainstream, but it will happen and I think they will be faster, lighter, etc. I'll always have a petro bike in the garage, but looking forward to owning an electric bike one day.

• Like 1

As much as I hate too say it cause I love the sound of a 4 stroke and a two stroke if this saves the sport and keeps riding alive I'm ok with it.

• Like 1

checked these out a while ago... decent enough to want to try one but sadly the last I knew they weren't offering the MX version anymore...

What about aftermarket? What is there to buy/wrench/tune to make it faster/better looking? thats half the fun

i agree it will be a sad day. But if electric or nothing ill take it over not riding.
  • Like 1

the less we support them, the longer we get real bikes... the idea is cool, but i wont be partaking until its forced upon me.

• Like 1

Its going to take a huge breakthrough in electric storage in order to make electric dirt bikes and street bikes truly viable. 

Right now, we're in the grass-roots phase, people are coming up with motor, battery and controller solutions using technology that already exists.

It will take several years of breakthrough after breakthrough in order to bring this tech to the forefront.

I foresee the increasing fuel costs being the nut which forces most riders to switch platforms. When its $100 bux to fill your 2.5 gallon fuel tank on your current bike OR free on an electric bike, you won't have much of a choice. The future is unfortunately renewable energy and its coming fast... I'd say 5 years before we see all manufacturers building electric off-road/motocross bikes like KTM's Freeride. So we have a solid 8 - 10 years before its wide spread... get your riding in now! :)

Edited by tye1138

Why do people think electricity is free? Or completely green? Think of where the power comes from... Coal burning power plants, nuclear.... and if you pay your own bills look how much the electric bills have risen the last couple years... free... and green....? not really....

• Like 5