Sign in to follow this  

milky oil

i have a 2013 kx250f it has about 40 hours on it and the top end was done at 20 hours by previous owner. i am not losing any coolant but it seems that my oil has a little bit of milky swirls in the oil. i am using maxima 10w-40 premium. i change the oil every 5 ours of riding and do not ride it hard. i do try to wash the bike and keep it clean. there is no white smoke unless i rev it high like for race starts. could i really need to change gaskets already? thanks

You could leak down test the motor with the rad cap off. Look for bubbles in the rad. Good solid way of testing the head gasket. 

I think you are fine.  You may have a water pump seal issue, which is pretty common (at least for me).  Sometimes the impeller drive shaft gets grooved and that allows small amounts of coolant to contaminate the oil enough to see.  It won't compromise performance or mechanical integrity with your maintenance regimen.  There is a weep hole on the front right of the case that can easily fill up with dirt.  You could clean it out or just leave it alone.  If you clean it out, you may see very small losses of coolant, but nothing you would notice over a short time period.  Again, I think you are just fine.  Ride on!  :ride: