Sign in to follow this  

Tell me about this bike plz..

I have a chance at getting what looks like a tricked out bike for next to nothing but not sure what I'm getting into.. 13 kx250f, ported and polished, race cams, carbon fiber exhaust, powder coated just about everything. Bike looks amazing. Guy bought it, supposedly tore it down, built it, rode it like 3 times before breaking his back in farming accident. I haven't been on a bike in yrs so not real familiar with new bikes. Will those upgrades turn it into a monster that requires tons of maintenance? Will I have to run race gas? Will it smoke my son's 07 crf 250r? I mainly just want to get back on track to play around, nothing serious. I'm 6-1, 200 lbs.

You would have to ask him if it needs race gas.. if he did yes then run race gas. It should only need it if the compression is over stock numbers.

This bike will smoke your Sons bike. Stock they are fast for a 250f with great throttle response because of efi. Just remember 90% of the time it's rider not bike though

Gut said he ran race gas but could run 93... could 93 hurt the motor in any way? Sorry for the dumb questions :)

I dont know much about dirtbikes as I am just getting back into them after a 14+ year hiatus. But, what I have learned is if its too good of a deal to be true, walk away. That is unless you personally know the guy and know its history. I cant fathom why someone would spend all that money and then let it go for next to nothing.

I wouldn't, no way you can tell anything was actually done. Could be a stock KXF with some powdercoating......Could be some high performance race machine that needs a constant diet of attention and money.....

I agree but can't get over price!!! He is a family member of a friend of mine and is very well off. Would let it go "to her" for 1500! She knew I was looking for a bike and asked if I would be interested. Don't know how I could pass it up....

• Like 1

because of the situation i say go for it. they are great bikes and even if it did new something you are getting into it correctly.

Seems like a good deal, maintenance will be same as stock bike, as mentioned only if he upped the compression then you will need race gas.