Sign in to follow this  

crf250 bogs when cracking throttle

i have a 2005 crf250r, i bought the bike used with blown valves. sent it in and got the valves done. i only put about 6 hours of riding time on it and blew up the rings/piston. rebuilt it all myself. started second kick but when i would crack open the throttle it would bog and die unless i let off. when i slowly open it it does just fine. it backfires and shoots flames out of exhaust too like its running lean. check the timing 3 times and got it as close as possible with the ignition timing and cam timing the closest. the tdc line is a fuzz off. cleaned the carb twice, cleaned spark plug, checked valve clearances, put a slightly bigger main jet in(178). i have the aftermarket red screw that is on the bottom of the carb a turn and a half out, and it still does the same thing. the pipe also does get glowing red which is normal im guessing when running lean and not actually riding. it. what the hell is it!? i do not want to send it in.

Did you check the a.p. on the carb?  I just had this problem on a wr250f.  Check the ap diaphragm. 

i did take it apart and cleaned it, no rips or anything, but i just ordered a new one. hope that fixes it. maybe it shrunk or got flimsy?