Engine issues

So I think I did find out it was the cam chain making the noise in my motor, local shop said I should be able to adjust the auto tensioner a littler bit to see if that's exactly what's wrong with the engine. He said most of the time the chain will only stretch in certain places and that will cause it to be come loose at certain times while it's spinning. Do you guys know how you would adjust the auto tensioner?

I have seen and experienced intermittent cam chain noise and it usually the automatic tensioner . Replacing it with a manual tensioner is often a good option depending on the bike . Have not seen an adjustable auto tensioner or a bad chain that only made noise sometime

Edited by mec500

If your bike has low hours and and that model is prone to tensioner failures there is a good chance there is nothing else wrong. However i would recommend a thorough inspection to determine what components need replacement and the root cause. Before just thowing parts at it. If the bike is high hour and is due for a rebuild then a new tensioner or chain is just a temporary patch