Sign in to follow this  

Dunlops new tires

Has anyone ran the new Dunlop tire, more specifically the mx32 or mx52? I was just wondering how much life you were getting out of them. I had the old Dunlops (mx31 and mx51) and it seemed like they would not last very long and begin chunking. I switched to Bridgestone and the life of them was 20x longer than Dunlops. Just wondering if the life was improved with the new design of their tires. Thanks!

• Like 1

Use the right tyre On the right ground and it will last good either way, I have been running a 32 front, from soft wet clay, to hardpack, and it is superb, the 71 is better on the blue groove. I have been running a 52 rear too, through laziness I have run it on blue groove and it's held up good, not lost any knobblies, just wearing out a bit. I do love 71's for the harder ground usually though...

The new MX52 front isnt really working for me other than on blue groove really dry baked hard stuff. And in that situation I really like the 71 better. 

The 52 rear seems good but the side walls seem to pop tubes due to some breakdown in the cords or something. Cant wait to try the 32 front but cant find it in the stores. 

I'm either going to try the new mx52's or stick with the Bridgestone m403/m404.  Anybody else running the new Dunlops?

how about the new bridgestone tires?! x30 and x40!

I'm either going to try the new mx52's or stick with the Bridgestone m403/m404. Anybody else running the new Dunlops?

The 52's seem to work really well so far. They hold up good too. I'm still waiting for some 32's to come in.