Sign in to follow this  

New-ish XRL owner / / / Love it!

Ok...

I bought my 2001 XRL on the 5th. It was in 98% stock configuration, which is perfect I'd like to add my own mods anyways.

34znh2r.jpg

I got paperwork with it that shows a motor rebuild last year. Pretty much new everything + a .050 over piston!

I started slow... new hand guards. Then new bars.

akjwhl.jpg

Then a tank bag. Then a Q4 Slip On.

After the slip on I dove into the carb because it felt a little lean. I found out that the previous owner didn't do any of the "dave's mods"...

So I did 'em, HUGE DIFFERENCE. It felt like I gained 10HP, which I know didn't happen but it felt great!

Yesterday I put an IMS tank on. Freaking thing is amazing. Ive owned a 600 inline, a liter bike, and a Harley and this is by FAR my favorite bike so far.

Here's how she sits as of last night. Ill post a better shot later.

f27r85.jpg

Edited by YamahaDoc

Welcome ! I am a noob myself and I did Dave's mod, removed smog, grind the extra weld around the neck of the stock header, put a slip on DG exhaust, XR style tail light and wrapped the stock header. My next mod is the IMS 4gal tank and a homegrown oil cooler.

Ok...

I bought my 2001 XRL on the 5th. It was in 98% stock configuration, which is perfect I'd like to add my own mods anyways.

34znh2r.jpg

I got paperwork with it that shows a motor rebuild last year. Pretty much new everything + a .050 over piston!

I started slow... new hand guards. Then new bars.

akjwhl.jpg

Then a tank bag. Then a Q4 Slip On.

After the slip on I dove into the carb because it felt a little lean. I found out that the previous owner didn't do any of the "dave's mods"...

So I did 'em, HUGE DIFFERENCE. It felt like I gained 10HP, which I know didn't happen but it felt great!

Yesterday I put an IMS tank on. Freaking thing is amazing. Ive owned a 600 inline, a liter bike, and a Harley and this is by FAR my favorite bike so far.

Here's how she sits as of last night. Ill post a better shot later.

f27r85.jpg

they are rugged, reliable, and aesthetic..what you would hope for in a gf!

they are rugged, reliable, and aesthetic..what you would hope for in a gf!

Exactly!!

Here is a good side view I got on my ride home from work yesterday...

23i6yi9.jpg

Welcome!

Bike looks good, perfect mods in my opinion.

Hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Always remember this...never wash that pig...it always runs faster when filthy...just sayin'....:)

Always remember this...never wash that pig...it always runs faster when filthy...just sayin'....:)

I want to be able to see my bike so I keep it clean better to see a problem arising .

I want to be able to see my bike so I keep it clean better to see a problem arising .

it will arise...clean or filthy...it isn't a BMW Roadster:p:o