New-ish XRL owner / / / Love it!

Ok...

I bought my 2001 XRL on the 5th. It was in 98% stock configuration, which is perfect I'd like to add my own mods anyways.

34znh2r.jpg

I got paperwork with it that shows a motor rebuild last year. Pretty much new everything + a .050 over piston!

I started slow... new hand guards. Then new bars.

akjwhl.jpg

Then a tank bag. Then a Q4 Slip On.

After the slip on I dove into the carb because it felt a little lean. I found out that the previous owner didn't do any of the "dave's mods"...

So I did 'em, HUGE DIFFERENCE. It felt like I gained 10HP, which I know didn't happen but it felt great!

Yesterday I put an IMS tank on. Freaking thing is amazing. Ive owned a 600 inline, a liter bike, and a Harley and this is by FAR my favorite bike so far.

Here's how she sits as of last night. Ill post a better shot later.

f27r85.jpg

Edited by YamahaDoc

Welcome ! I am a noob myself and I did Dave's mod, removed smog, grind the extra weld around the neck of the stock header, put a slip on DG exhaust, XR style tail light and wrapped the stock header. My next mod is the IMS 4gal tank and a homegrown oil cooler.

Ok...

I bought my 2001 XRL on the 5th. It was in 98% stock configuration, which is perfect I'd like to add my own mods anyways.

34znh2r.jpg

I got paperwork with it that shows a motor rebuild last year. Pretty much new everything + a .050 over piston!

I started slow... new hand guards. Then new bars.

akjwhl.jpg

Then a tank bag. Then a Q4 Slip On.

After the slip on I dove into the carb because it felt a little lean. I found out that the previous owner didn't do any of the "dave's mods"...

So I did 'em, HUGE DIFFERENCE. It felt like I gained 10HP, which I know didn't happen but it felt great!

Yesterday I put an IMS tank on. Freaking thing is amazing. Ive owned a 600 inline, a liter bike, and a Harley and this is by FAR my favorite bike so far.

Here's how she sits as of last night. Ill post a better shot later.

f27r85.jpg

they are rugged, reliable, and aesthetic..what you would hope for in a gf!

they are rugged, reliable, and aesthetic..what you would hope for in a gf!

Exactly!!

Here is a good side view I got on my ride home from work yesterday...

23i6yi9.jpg

• 1 month later...