Sign in to follow this  

Brake Rebuild

I got an 02 CR250R about a month ago and I am gradually working my way to servicing everything. I am currently wanting to get my brakes back up to par as they are pretty mushy. Instead of just bleeding them, I want to just go ahead and rebuild them. 

Can anyone tell me what all parts I should get to rebuild both front and rear brake systems? I plan on using OEM unless there are better options (in terms of performance) out there. 

Though it might not help out a lot, it would be the Brake master cylinder re-build kit for both.  You can find them on the OEM parts finder and it's just 1 piece for each.

Here's the part numbers:

45530-KCE-671

43520-KZ4-J43

Most of the time when they are mushy, it's air in the lines or the brake lines expanding.  You may be better off just replacing the brake lines - steel braided recommended.

Edited by mch

Though it might not help out a lot, it would be the Brake master cylinder re-build kit for both.  You can find them on the OEM parts finder and it's just 1 piece for each.

Here's the part numbers:

45530-KCE-671

43520-KZ4-J43

Most of the time when they are mushy, it's air in the lines or the brake lines expanding.  You may be better off just replacing the brake lines - steel braided recommended.

+1.  I have been chasing mushy brakes for ever.  I have bled, vacuum bled, and back bled the brakes.  I have bled them at the banjos bolts etc...  rebuilt the front and rear masters and calipers.  Still felt like the brakes were weak and a bit mushy.  Finally decided to try the Tusk (galfer) brake lines.  The front brake line is about 2 inches longer than stock which bothers me a small amount but I installed them anyways, back line fit perfect.  Went for a short ride after bleeding them yesterday and almost went over the handlebars.  I guess this whole time it was just my 10 year old brake lines expanding causing the mushy feel.