Sign in to follow this  

Cr125 1999 more low end free/cheap

The 1st owner raced it so it might have a port and polish and or other internal mods but as for visible mods it has fmf sst pipe turbine core 2 silencer v force reeds and I already put 12 front and 53 rear which helped a lot.

An exhaust spacer changes port timing and will add low end torque (a small amount).  Here is an ebay seller who sells one that will fit your bike:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CR125-Honda-Engine-5mm-Steel-Exhaust-Spacer-/150719474025?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item231794a969&vxp=mtr

Thinner base gasket also changes port timing and adds compression which will also add low end torque.  Cometic makes a top end gasket kit that includes the higher compression base gasket.  As was said, ditch the sst pipe, get an fmf fatty for that bike (or a stock OEM pipe if you could find one).  Last of all, if you really want a 125 with low end torque (if you are riding it on trails), the best way to get it is with a 144cc big bore kit with low/mid porting.  Obviously, that is an expensive deal, but if you love the bike, and want to ride it on trails, that would be the way to go. 

Edited by frdbtr

We tried a couple different versions of exhaust spacers with different pipes on our '00 CR125, and always liked stock best. But the biggest improvement we got was by replacing the exhaust manifold with one from the '02 CR125. Definitely could feel more oomph in the seat of the pants. Its worth the price of the part.

I might have an extra pipe for a 98-99 cr125 that might work for you.

Put an 05+ CR125 airboot on it. I think the airboot isn't but 20~30 dollars from Honda East Toledo.

Roger that. The airboot change made the bike stronger everywhere.

I think I'm gonna sell it I'm just not an aggressive enough rider gonna stick to four strokes for now I mostly ride tight trails it just doesn't have the right powerband.