Sign in to follow this  

XL250R Blinker Problems, turn on but stay solid don't blink

Need help with my blinkers.... I need help bad and I like this forum, i just hope someone is able to help me.... My blinkers come on when I turn the bike on but all 4 front and rear come on, and stay on solid... when I turn the switch to left or right they just stay solid..... What would cause this, would the fuze be a problem or would the even work if it was burnt out? Thank you

Sounds like it's wired wrong or a bad ground maybe. Not a fuse problem. I supose it could be the switch but the other stuff is more likely.. Does the wiring look stock or is it all hacked up? 

My vote would either be some sort of wiring issue like maybe a bad ground or something is shorted into the blinker circuit and feeding it constant 12v.  Or a problem with the switch on the handlebar.  Could really be anything thou, youll just have to dive in.  Could also be a flasher problem but im not really thinking so.

I just install new rear turn signals to replace broken ones on mine, and its doing the exact same thing.  I did notice the new ones are 10 watt, and the stock ones are 25 watt I think.

You need an LED flasher relay instead of the stock unit which operates by heating up with the higher wattage lamps..