Your go-to on/off road truck tire

I plan to in time, but they are getting hard to find and people want way too much for them. Mine is a 2003 SWB.

What benefits would come from running the 30 or the 31?

Smaller and lighter. Less stress on the weak-ish driveline and easier to fit into the tracker / GV's small wheel arches.

Apparently the GV will require guard cutting and lift to make 31s fit.

104_7655.jpg

This guy is running 31s, and locked. Also has breakages but it is doable, it depends how much fixing you wanna do.

Well I'll have 4 inches of lift total with the body lift so ill likely go with 31s. I know these things like the back of my hand and access to a couple scrapped gvs/trackers. Thanks for the input though.

Well I'll have 4 inches of lift total with the body lift so ill likely go with 31s. I know these things like the back of my hand and access to a couple scrapped gvs/trackers. Thanks for the input though.

4 inches of lift you should have no trouble fitting 31s.

Because you still run an ally housing I assumed you were reasonably stock. You running lockers?

Edited by BushPig

4 inches of lift you should have no trouble fitting 31s.

Because you still run an ally housing I assumed you were reasonably stock. You running lockers?

Not not running any lockers at the moment but I will be putting a lock rite in this summer if time permits. I'd like to go with something a little more smooth and nicer on the road but the lock rite is basically the only option on these rigs.

I'm mainly after ground clearance though because the trails around here tend to be really rocky. Plus I'm trying to make it look less like a dinky haha.

I was thinking about the grabbers but I've heard really mixed reviews, but on a light rig it shouldn't matter much. At the moment the Kelly Safari tsr's or BFg ta seem to be calling my name more than anything.

Here is what they are going on. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399126709.219507.jpg

Not not running any lockers at the moment but I will be putting a lock rite in this summer if time permits. I'd like to go with something a little more smooth and nicer on the road but the lock rite is basically the only option on these rigs.

I'm mainly after ground clearance though because the trails around here tend to be really rocky. Plus I'm trying to make it look less like a dinky haha.

From what I've driven, rock likes lockers better than tire size ( so long as you're not smashing diffs on rocks). Mud the bigger the tire the further your wheels are out of the ruts and the less chance of getting stuck.

You should have no issues fitting 31s but from what Ive seen you'll do CVs and the front diff.

I run 30*9.5 on my Sierra (Sammy) using 6.5 gears and a spartan locker. I am aiming to add power steer and then a front locker before going to 32*9.5 Simex extremes or whatever they are.

Heres my zook on an easy climb. 

Lockers is where its at man, couple them with some decent mud tires and enjoy. Love em, can't wait to do the front.

That thing is awesome man. There are very few samurais left in my area. The rust has killed them all. For that matter there is only a dozen or less sidekicks left on the island too. Maybe someday I'll drive down south and grab a clean one.

I really wish they never salted the roads her in winter.

• Like 1

That thing is awesome man. There are very few samurais left in my area. The rust has killed them all. For that matter there is only a dozen or less sidekicks left on the island too. Maybe someday I'll drive down south and grab a clean one.

I really wish they never salted the roads her in winter.

Cheers mate. Its gunna need some attention to ensure its rust free future, but its a good one. A/C and all lol.

My next rig to go along side it will be an MK Nissan Patrol (1985 - 1987). Same engine as the international scout TDs.

post-214617-1334319639454726943.jpg

Will use it for touring and dailying and will just enjoy the good fuel economy and reliability of the SD33t.

Will probably do air lockers and 33's too, just to get some capability. (This is later when I've got a decent budget)