Sign in to follow this  

Texas Looking for a Dirtbike buddy

I am in the military and will ride anywhere and anything.  All my dirtbike friends have left the area so I havent been riding that much.  I often go down to ride in Houston to ride 3 palms or rio bravo because that is where I am from but it is still not as much fun when you have a friend with you.  I ride a 2013 RMZ450.

Edited by jackboeker83

yeah I guess I forgot to post where I actually live... lol.  I am stationed at Ft Hood right now, its in the Killeen/Austin area.  I travel alot to ride tracks that I actually like to ride but this weekend I plan on going to ADMX here in Austin then for the 9-12th of May I will be going to the Houston area to ride at 3 Palms, Rio Bravo, and maybe Outlaw MX or B&C.  I stay at my brothers house which is in Deer Park... Its in the center of all those tracks which are only 25 mins in either direction so its a great place to live if you ride dirtbikes.

Edited by jackboeker83

I Might be riding this weekend but it all depends on the x-rays tommorow. If I ride it will be at Rio Bravo on saturday or sunday. Had a bad crash there last weekend and got my ankle good. I have a few friends I ride with at Rio/Three palms/ Ultimate and we'd ride with you

Ok I will be coming into town tonight and riding all weekend but rio will be closed Friday and Saturday due to some event they have out there. I will post later tonight and let everyone know when and where I will be. Sunday I will be riding at rio for sure tho.

Edited by jackboeker83

I am on my way to 3 palms right now. If anyone wants to ride this weekend just send me a pm with ur number and we can work it out that way

You should get on TON, huge number of riders in the Austin area. Lots of great offroad stuff also. If you think you will be in the area for a while join a club. Google Texas Offroad Network, go to the forums and do some homework.

If you do any trail riding, CTOR is just south of Stillhouse lake.  I'm also stationed at Hood.  Don't ride MX though.

Yeah I am down to ride anything really but the trails around here are really rocky. How is that place ctor? How much does it cost to ride there?

A lot of rocks.  Cost is $20 a day but you have to go with a member.  Membership is $375 a year.

The national forest has some pretty fun trails, you have to register your bike with them and it has to have a spark arrestor if I'm not mistaken but the trails are super fun from the few times I've been, I wouldn't recommend them to a beginner rider though unless you're ready to come back sore haha

The national forest has some pretty fun trails, you have to register your bike with them and it has to have a spark arrestor if I'm not mistaken but the trails are super fun from the few times I've been, I wouldn't recommend them to a beginner rider though unless you're ready to come back sore haha

yeah i plan on hitting those up the first weekend of june.