Sign in to follow this  

What to do ? new/used 4 stroke 2 stroke ?

Hi, fourm members I am a new member . but I have come on here from time to time to get anwsers and have found this site one of the most knowledgeable anyway here is my dillemma . I have decied to buy a mx bike and ride track race vet class .i'll give you back ground on me I raced 125 class 77-81. The last bike  I owned was a rm250 in 1999 bike was A 93 . I have been riding my son's ktm 01 125 last sumer had a ball with it so this is why I decided to ride/race again before i'm to old :thumbsup: Well I studied and thought the best bike for me would be a 4 stroke .So I bought a 2006 Honda crf250 I have  owned bike 5 mounths ridden it once partly because of weather but the real problem I have is getting the dam thing started .I put so much effort into starting it that I have come to hate the bike .I  want to sell bike and buy a 2 stoke 125/150 I think A 250 might be a little much for me at 55years old . My son says I'm crasy fix the bike I bought I'm not great at working on bikes and I don't want to dump $$ into bike .So i"m at this point keep bike pay to fix dump bike get a new bike or buy used /new 2 stroke . Also I was thinking of going to watch vet race at my locial track to see what guys are riding ? advice please :banghead:

Keep the bike, if you don't know much about 4 strokes, ask in the crf specific section. It's probably not starting because your valves are out of spec and/or your jetting is off.

• Like 2

Gotta agree, there's nothing wrong with that bike. Sounds like it's time for a valve check.