Sign in to follow this  

Arizona Arizona Technical Singletrack

I am spending about half my time in the Phoenix area for work, so I brought my bike out (KTM 350EXC-F plated), I am looking for some suggestions on Technical Singletrack riding in the Phoenix, Flagstaff, Prescott, Tucson area (really all over the state).  

My favorite type of riding is black diamond-ledgy step ups, slickrock type trails, and trails that have an all around good flow as well (I am a big fan of Moab type riding) any suggestions would be great. 

Thanks, 
Chris

There is a little dab left in a 15 square mile area in the Coconino NF northwest of Flagstaff. I haven't ridden it in years, and even then as part of a longer ride, but as I recall, somewhat challenging and very rocky. Check their website and/or the motor vehicle use map. Also, check out Coconino Trail Riders.

Mike

I am spending about half my time in the Phoenix area for work, so I brought my bike out (KTM 350EXC-F plated), I am looking for some suggestions on Technical Singletrack riding in the Phoenix, Flagstaff, Prescott, Tucson area (really all over the state).  

My favorite type of riding is black diamond-ledgy step ups, slickrock type trails, and trails that have an all around good flow as well (I am a big fan of Moab type riding) any suggestions would be great. 

Thanks, 

Chris

You looking for 1st/2nd gear A type trails or C type with some A/B mixed in?

You looking for 1st/2nd gear A type trails or C type with some A/B mixed in?

Yes, exactly, any ideas?

Thanks!

What your looking for you can find in Flagstaff and common riding area's near Phx like Lake Pleasant and Sycamor. All 3 have mostly C/B trails and all have a couple of A/B type as well. There are plenty more (off the radar)

trails in several area's but those are off the radar for a reason.

• Like 1

I have been out of AZ for 2 years...miss it.....but there is a public riding area near cottonwood az (with a dumb name that i cant remember) that if you just rip up the creek bed and keep going.....follow the right tributaires.....keep going.....you will find endless miles of singletrack ranging and continuing endlessly from 4,000 to 7,000 ft. I used to ride there EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND. Has just about any kind of terrain you could really ask for. I just parked across the street in the empty dirt lot and rode underneath the highway. never paid....for what? trail maintenance.....hah, the trails i ride dont want to be "maintained" the more tree branches the better. just dont wear nice gear, or ride a pretty bike.

San Manuel east of Tucson has some great trails and singletrack. Racecourse used for the amra series. Also, I dont know how to get to this spot but there is some technical hike a bike stuff. I'm going up next sunday 13july riding @ 0730 to ride the course.

I have been out of AZ for 2 years...miss it.....but there is a public riding area near cottonwood az (with a dumb name that i cant remember) that if you just rip up the creek bed and keep going.....follow the right tributaires.....keep going.....you will find endless miles of singletrack ranging and continuing endlessly from 4,000 to 7,000 ft. I used to ride there EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND. Has just about any kind of terrain you could really ask for. I just parked across the street in the empty dirt lot and rode underneath the highway. never paid....for what? trail maintenance.....hah, the trails i ride dont want to be "maintained" the more tree branches the better. just dont wear nice gear, or ride a pretty bike.

Hayfield Draw is the name. Good spot. The staging area is down in the valley, but you can follow the trails up into the mountain.

. Hayfield draw ohv area