Sign in to follow this  

DIY Heat Shield

Anyone made a heat shield for your exhaust? Canister that is. Hell was thinking a couple a band clamps and whatever material and your good to go. Thoughts, pics? Thanks way in advance.....

To put in-between the can and plastics? Why, it comes with some sort of heat pad stock

Very good point. However I was thinking of trimming the side panel just a bit. Probably should have mentioned that.

Edited by JacquesSV

Some flashing from Home Depot.  

Thanks Bill, was thinking along the same lines. Couple of the right band clamps and good to go....

• Like 1

Thanks Bill, was thinking along the same lines. Couple of the right band clamps and good to go....

You're welcome that stuff comes in handy, I use it for templates and it's good for shims .010" thick.   :thumbsup:

You're welcome that stuff comes in handy, I use it for templates and it's good for shims .010" thick.   :thumbsup:

Gonna modify a couple of V-band clamps and go with some hi-temp (grill) paint for the flashing. Round off of the edges and mount it up = done :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Gonna modify a couple of V-band clamps and go with some hi-temp (grill) paint for the flashing. Round off of the edges and mount it up = done :thumbsup:

Nothing like the good ol DIY !

Edited by billdirt1

To put in-between the can and plastics? Why, it comes with some sort of heat pad stock

the oem heat pad on the plastic does nothing when weight is applied to it.

even with only a stock pipe.

my friends setup did this

• Like 1

the oem heat pad on the plastic does nothing when weight is applied to it.

even with only a stock pipe.

Yeah, that heat shield needs some air space to be effective, all it really does is reflect the heat. Once it touches the heat source it will absorb/transfer the heat to the plastics.

• Like 1