Sign in to follow this  

hard time with right side case cover cant get it on!

i cannot get the crankcase cover on it meshes fine on the left side but i cant get the right side on .. i dont want to force it with bolts..the right side gets about a few mm away and it doesnt feel right not ready to tighten bolts

2012 yz250

i cannot get the crankcase cover on it meshes fine on the left side but i cant get the right side on .. i dont want to force it with bolts..the right side gets about a few mm away and it doesnt feel right not ready to tighten bolts

2012 yz250

The the water pump driven gear and/or the YPVS governor gear will not engage to their drive gear. 

Turn the crank from left side. Or, open the water pump cover and turn the impeller.

Edited by kmtr

do i have to use the set pin for the power valve

when tightening the bolt for the push rod

i put it all back together and started it with it on the stand. in neutral made a clank and went into gear tire started spinning. started it with tire on ground and made a bad screechin/clank sound. before i put it back together gear worked and i cud ride it but wud make a sound just dont want to ride it or start it anymore now that i put it back together  and it still isnt working

i put it all back together and started it with it on the stand. in neutral made a clank and went into gear tire started spinning. started it with tire on ground and made a bad screechin/clank sound. before i put it back together gear worked and i cud ride it but wud make a sound just dont want to ride it or start it anymore now that i put it back together and it still isnt working

did you put oil in it?

Yeah i Am thinking bout  taking both bikes in  and saying here you go fix them!

they both have almost identical problem, i feel is probably from exact same reason .. possibly low gear oil? They both go in gear when i shift into neutral. the old one goes right into gear. and the right tire spins then it shuts off. before this happened though it was making a rattling noise sounding like from the bottom end. On the new one i remember when i was deciding to buy it  about 2 months ago from a guy i started it and it sounded sort of smilar but the engine sounded so great i thought it cud be just normal two stroke sound i slight rattle that never got worse maybe slight piston slap or something. but it did kind of weird me out and i almost didnt buy it. but i mean the bike doesnt have a scratch anywhere.. and i thought it was just in my head cuz my two other firends did not ntoice the sound.. so now the new bike goes into gear when i start it in neutral with tire off ground on a stand. when the tire is on the ground it makes a rattle noise. all the gears still work on both bikes though and have plenty of power.. 

I think it may be the clutch but neutral would work even if it were the clutch..