Sign in to follow this  

1992 Dr 350s suspension soft

Hey everybody, just made an acount on TT today and was hoping someone out there would know a little bit about dr 350 suspensions. So i bought the bike a couple months ago from a short dude and he said that he lowered the front of the bike by pushing the fork tubes up a little bit. I fixed that the day i got it but the rear suspension seemed a little funny. Ive never sat on any other dr 350 but it seemed to be very soft and sank down quite a bit when i would sit on it. Im wondering if the dude messed with the rear suspension so he could touch the ground. I can have my knees bent and be flatfoot on the ground while sitting on it (with seat on of course). When i sit on my friends XR400, it feels nice and stiff and it feels alot better then my bike.

I guess my question is... Is the dr 350 suspension just saggy and short normaly or did the guy i bought it from modify it or lower the bike for his height? I have pictures below

Middle pic is with no weight on bike (kickstand is up)

Last pic is all 160 lbs of me

Does this height look normal?

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398909105.521550.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398909124.667933.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398909137.986735.jpg

Measure the sag is the correct way

Yep learn to measure the sag for your weight-plenty of info on how here and on web. Helps to have a helper. Also learn how to adjust compression and rebound adjusters and learn when you might need to change spring rates for your weight. Plenty of info available to learn this .Also helps to service both front forks and rear shocks. New suspension fluid can work wonders. Plenty of places will service for you if you can afford it. Definitely bone up on it before you attempt it your self and have quality tools. Really helps to have a mentor to teach ya how to do this right.