Sign in to follow this  

First Crf250r

So yesterday I sold my yz125 and could not pass up this deal. I just bought a 06 crf250r which is basically all stock. Bike runs awesome. Not ridden much but it did have the topend done as well as the intake valves in 2012. Bike sat for a while not being ridden and it showed, it had spider webs everywhere. I'm definitely happy and can not wait to ride her! She does have one problem, which is a huge flat spot in the rear rim. I'm thinking of trying to straighten it out but the tire sits fine so I'm not really worried. She has c cycle suspension and that basically concludes the mod list. I will get better pictures tomorrow! Did not have time to take some as I came home late from getting the bike. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398909983.072521.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398909997.972911.jpg

The front rim on my 05 is just like that and it rides just fine goes back the old quote "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" then again, I'm a college kid on a tight budget and can afford to get a new rim :/

Few pics. The airbox was gross and a pain in the ass to clean. I had to literally peel the filter off the cage. Cleaned it up some more but I need to get a air filter, oil filter and I just put in some fresh honda transmission fluid. Might check the valves as well. I need to learn how to start it because I flooded it right away... I'm used to starting 2 strokes. Going riding tomorrow! And I was able to fix the flat spot a bit. That is a before picture, will update in a bit.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399031337.526844.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399031361.259222.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399031373.344174.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399031386.212900.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399031396.962393.jpg

maybe try to give the rim a nice smack with a sledge and try to bend it back.  but look on craigslist for a cheap rear wheel. i found one from an 06 for 100 bucks with a good tire lastyear

Will check out craigslist for sure. I may just try to bang it in some more. I rode it for the first time today and it is a night and day difference from my previous 125. I love the bike. I'll post a video on here tomorrow. Bike runs great. I also just ordered a acerbis skid plate and I will be ordering another 100$ worth of parts consisting of oil filters, oil, air filter, grips and some timing plugs due to one of them being stripped.

Edited by Peterrides
  • Like 1

Very nice video, finally watched something where someone's ass wasn't glued to the seat.

Great deal on the bike, hope it holds up well for you.

Very nice video, finally watched something where someone's ass wasn't glued to the seat.

Great deal on the bike, hope it holds up well for you.

Haha thanks man. Yea, i love the bike so far.