Sign in to follow this  

Clutch questions

I'm running a exp2.0 recluse. Been working great. Lately I noticed whatt feels like slipping in the upper rpms in 4,5 and 6th gears.

Tonight I pulled the clutch out and the fibers look fine. They measure at 2.71 to 2.69mm. The new clutch fibers measure 2.75mm. I'm not the best at the workings of the clutch, but it seems to me that stronger springs might be the best fix for this. Am I wrong? Or are these measurements indicators of needing new clutches?

Could be glazing on the metal plates as well sand them with 400 grit on a piece of glass to remove it, do the same with the disks.

Should be good to go!

But springs would be good while you're in there.

• Like 1

I'm running a exp2.0 recluse. Been working great. Lately I noticed whatt feels like slipping in the upper rpms in 4,5 and 6th gears.

Tonight I pulled the clutch out and the fibers look fine. They measure at 2.71 to 2.69mm. The new clutch fibers measure 2.75mm. I'm not the best at the workings of the clutch, but it seems to me that stronger springs might be the best fix for this. Am I wrong? Or are these measurements indicators of needing new clutches?

:facepalm:  Make, Model, Year??? :banghead: