Sign in to follow this  

09 kx250f wont kick start

i jus bought a 09 kx250f and it rarly will kick start hot or cold but will pop start any ideas on what this could be? And how much should my mixture screw be backed out with stock jets and 70 degree weather?

Have you checked your valves? Also go to pro circuit web site and check there jetting.. at least do a pilot change to 42.

How does it run when its started, idle properly, rev properly, no popping or backfiring ?  

runs right when your in the throttle dont like to idle unless you got it idled up and it has some popping on decel

runs right when your in the throttle dont like to idle unless you got it idled up and it has some popping on decel

In addition to checking the valve shim clearance, check for exhaust leaks at the head/header, then make sure your carb is clean, and that the jets are not clogged. Especially the pilot jet.

Maybe check your spark plug while you're at it. (pop a new on in there)

Also, not much thought is given to this, make sure your fuel tank cap and breather hose can... breathe.

Check out this MXA article for jetting recommendations. I just did this to my sons 09 kx250f. Haven't ridden it yet but it starts easy and runs crisp.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/bike-tests/mxa-race-test-the-new-2009-kawasaki-kx250f-suspension-settings-jetting-specs-likes-dislikes-plus-much-more