Ways to add power?

I got a 2002 cr 125 and I want to

Know some ways to put a little more power into it. Looking for some more bottom to mid range. So far I have the motor done up by pr2 both top and bottom end, namura piston, pro-circuit header with 304 factory sound silencer, v-force 2 delta reeds, 53 tooth rear sprocket 12 tooth front, new tires, new clutch cable, smooth clutch basket... I'm sure I'm missing some other things but anyways, is there any other mods I can add to give it a little more kick? Anything I should change? Also silencer packing was just changed too

I don't wanna pay for an entire cylinder, and all that stuff, I'm looking for like small genius ways like the piston and gasket idea and stuff like that? Maybe switch from delta 2 reeds to v-force 3s or something?

Reeds, pipes, and other similar bolt on parts don't usually add power. They just simply move the power to a different spot in the powerband. That may not be the case 100% of the time, but I think most Honda riders will agree. When I had my 01 125 I looked for ways to add power and one thing that kept popping up was a 05-07 air boot and drilling some small holes in the airbox itself. I believe the 01 and 02 are similar enough that you could try that as well. I'm not familiar with the 02 power valve set up, but on the 01 there was a way to shim the power valve governor to make it open later and thus add bottom end power. Other than put your money into a strong clutch basket and plates from Hinson or Barnett and get your money's worth. Riding the clutch is the ticket on the 125

Edited by Curt026

Subscribed! Just because the OP is comical... He wants more performance but won't spend any money....Guess what OP, what you have is about the best it's gonna get!

On another note, I would like some money from everyone but I dont want to work, any advice?

Well idk, would you define being on a street corner work?

Listen here guys before you run your mouths, try to understand my situation, I just lost my job, and the only thing I got as a stress reliever is my damn bike, so either lay off and help the situation or back off the thread! Simple as that! If not, then take it up with a mod!

Reeds, pipes, and other similar bolt on parts don't usually add power. They just simply move the power to a different spot in the powerband. That may not be the case 100% of the time, but I think most Honda riders will agree. When I had my 01 125 I looked for ways to add power and one thing that kept popping up was a 05-07 air boot and drilling some small holes in the airbox itself. I believe the 01 and 02 are similar enough that you could try that as well. I'm not familiar with the 02 power valve set up, but on the 01 there was a way to shim the power valve governor to make it open later and thus add bottom end power. Other than put your money into a strong clutch basket and plates from Hinson or Barnett and get your money's worth. Riding the clutch is the ticket on the 125

how smooth are those baskets compared to stock? I've never had one, do they hold up better?

Were not trying to trash you, you're just asking the impossible. And just a helpful life hint, if you just lost your job, upgrading your bike shouldn't be a concern. Cheap things like the gasket and air boot mods sure. But that's all you're really gonna get on the cheap

• Like 3

Listen here guys before you run your mouths, try to understand my situation, I just lost my job, and the only thing I got as a stress reliever is my damn bike, so either lay off and help the situation or back off the thread! Simple as that! If not, then take it up with a mod!

Well, sounds like you have plenty of time to lose those 9lbs then.... ?

• Like 1

My stock basket was notched so I bought a Barnett. Much better quality if you ask me. With that and a new clutch set from Barnett as well my clutch has never been better. No it's not cheap, but I no longer have to worry about a notched basket. They put what I believe is SS tabs on the fingers of the basket. So if you do somehow mess those up then you can simply send it back to them and have those tabs replaced instead of buying a whole new basket. It is a bit heavier than stock so you may feel a bit more flywheel effect with it. Plus the clutch kit has all steel plates so that weighs more too. That was a bonus for me since I ride woods, but to be honest I think the difference is minimal. Hinson seems to be what most MX'ers use and their stuff is top quality as well. I've heard people bad mouth the Barnett stuff but I'd be curious to know if they actually ever used the product.

• Like 1

Were not trying to trash you, you're just asking the impossible. And just a helpful life hint, if you just lost your job, upgrading your bike shouldn't be a concern. Cheap things like the gasket and air boot mods sure. But that's all you're really gonna get on the cheap

I'm looking for a job but still have a bit of money set on the side for small things so that's why I'm asking for simple things like the gasket and piston idea... Idk if jetting helps my situation at all but I'll take any advice on it. I just got the bike about 4 months ago and never cleaned the powervalve yet, would that help? If so, how do I get it out? All I saw was a video on YouTube with 2 guys and a slide hammer.. On a side note, I do live in pa and penndot has 3 guys on a crew, 2 standing and talking and 1 guy with his foot on a shovel

Well, sounds like you have plenty of time to lose those 9lbs then.... ?

monk I weight 135

Don't put a domed piston in it unless you have the money to get the head reshaped to run a domed piston.  There is no magic way to increase HP without spending money.  Any suggestion will cost money.  Just ride it the way it is until you get another job and can actually do something substantive like porting.