Sign in to follow this  

Trail Tech Voyager Power

Can someone advise the correct power wire and ground wire to hook my new Trail Tech Voyager into?

(I'm wiring challenged)

Find the 2 wires going to your headlight bulb and tap into those. If the voyager is anything like the rest of thier stuff (99.999% sure it is) it does not matter what one is + or -.

If the voyager will run on AC, then yes, polarity doesn't matter since the current swaps polarity many times per second unless it's a 250L.  You didn't say which bike. 

Edited by Baja Rambler

Find the 2 wires going to your headlight bulb and tap into those. If the voyager is anything like the rest of thier stuff (99.999% sure it is) it does not matter what one is + or -.

I hve 3 wires going to my headlight.  I think two may be High beam/Low Beam

If the voyager will run on AC, then yes, polarity doesn't matter since the current swaps polarity many times per second unless it's a 250L.  You didn't say which bike. 

Sorry, 2001 XR400R

I hve 3 wires going to my headlight.  I think two may be High beam/Low Beam

Sorry, 2001 XR400R

Oh. Well then you would want the wire that feeds your switch power so you don't turn off the voyager with your headlight. Pretty sure the blue and green wires are the ones you want. I can look later when I get off work.