Sign in to follow this  

Cr125 problem. Has no power and stutters

I bought this blown up 1991 cr125 awhile back and it basically needed a full restoration. I finally got it all back together and when I went to ride it, it had no power just enough to get the bike around. And when I gave it gas it would just stutter and wouldn't get going. What is the problem? I have messed around with the carb a bunch adjusted the needle and air mixture screw, and it still does the same thing so I'm not sure if it's a carb issue. Could it be that the spark timing is off and not firing at the right time? Or could the clutch not be fully disengaged? I'm just not sure please help.

I bought this blown up 1991 cr125 awhile back and it basically needed a full restoration. I finally got it all back together and when I went to ride it, it had no power just enough to get the bike around. And when I gave it gas it would just stutter and wouldn't get going. What is the problem? I have messed around with the carb a bunch adjusted the needle and air mixture screw, and it still does the same thing so I'm not sure if it's a carb issue. Could it be that the spark timing is off and not firing at the right time? Or could the clutch not be fully disengaged? I'm just not sure please help.

If it's stuttering and smoking a lot it's probably jetted really rich. If you turn the air screw all the way in until it seats will the bike stay running ? 

Edited by Beau 88

If it's stuttering and smoking a lot it's probably jetted really rich. If you turn the air screw all the way in until it seats will the bike stay running ?

It doesn't really smoke to bad, but Yeah I turned the screw all the way in and it still ran.

It doesn't really smoke to bad, but Yeah I turned the screw all the way in and it still ran.

Sounds like the Pilot jets too big . Is it the original carb? If so it will tell you initial jet settings in the manual if you have one. Or maybe find it online. 

Sounds like the Pilot jets too big . Is it the original carb? If so it will tell you initial jet settings in the manual if you have one. Or maybe find it online.

I bought the carb if eBay from another 125 of the same year. But I will see what size it is.