Sign in to follow this  

2009 klx250s battery died. Now won't turn on.

Hey. I accidentally left my bike on and the battery ran completely dead. I have been able to bump start it twice and every time I turn it off after leaving it running for 10-15 minutes everything is dead. I have chargd with jumper cables to a car so the battery is reading 11.3 volts now but still nothing will turn on and bike is completely dead. I have no idea what to do as it seems like the battery is still good. Help please?!?! Thanks

Hey. I accidentally left my bike on and the battery ran completely dead. I have been able to bump start it twice and every time I turn it off after leaving it running for 10-15 minutes everything is dead. I have chargd with jumper cables to a car so the battery is reading 11.3 volts now but still nothing will turn on and bike is completely dead. I have no idea what to do as it seems like the battery is still good. Help please?!?! Thanks

Test with a replacement battery? If it starts off a different battery, then that automatically makes it that batteries issue..

the voltage read 11.3

Could there be a fuse somewhere? I had a bad battery that read the right voltage but once the bike was on and things were "drawing from it" it there was no current at the battery.

11.3 volts is the problem.

• Quiescent (open-circuit) voltage at full charge: 12.6 V
  • Fully discharged: 11.8 V
  • Charge with 13.2–14.4 V
  • Gassing voltage: 14.4 V

Thanks for all the responses. Took the battery into CycleGear and guy said battery was fried just by looking at it and so I bought a new one. Got home and connected everything back up....nothing. So I started checking out wiring which led me under the seat where there is a couple fuse box type things. The one that was connected to the better wire had a fuse that was blown! HA! Put a replacement fuse in there and TADA! Everything works great now. That's for the help! Now I'm wondering if that battery really was fried or not......

Now I'm wondering if that battery really was fried or not......

if it was @ 11.3V, most likely it was.

either way better safe than sorry imo.