Sign in to follow this  

Advice on KTM WP Fork Valving / Shims

Hey guys.

I have a set of WP forks off a 2012 300 XC-W. Awhile back it was apparently revalved by Pro Action. The guy has hated the forks since, and just wants them put back to stock. We have the stock pistons, but as they are different size, the shims won't crossover and probably isn't the right stack anyway. 

On KTM's part's fiche, at the picture of the shim stack it simply says "See Setting List" . I can't seem to find info anywhere on where to buy the OEM setup shimstack. We just want to get this thing as close to OEM as possible. Any ideas or suggestions?  Thanks!

• Like 1

Your dealor can see the settings list.

Don't have time to type now......get back in here after a ride today.

It can be much better than stock.....hate to smack talk but I never seen good woods valving from P.A.

Hello,

I took pro action kits some time ago, and after my tests no one work good.... I never used PA valve bodys for my customers since I tested first time...

About OEM stack, please send me PM , I will send u on mail in PDF.

thanks

Hey guys.

I have a set of WP forks off a 2012 300 XC-W. Awhile back it was apparently revalved by Pro Action. The guy has hated the forks since, and just wants them put back to stock. We have the stock pistons, but as they are different size, the shims won't crossover and probably isn't the right stack anyway. 

On KTM's part's fiche, at the picture of the shim stack it simply says "See Setting List" . I can't seem to find info anywhere on where to buy the OEM setup shimstack. We just want to get this thing as close to OEM as possible. Any ideas or suggestions?  Thanks!

Great! Any help would be amazing!

Rcmelton82@gmail.con

Someone help me here...pistons must be the the same outer diameter to be interchangeable right? ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398971008.412961.jpg

Thats the mid ,reb piston ,looks like it's all there. The bigger piston is the comp. piston that goes in the bottom.

Do you have it all apart?

Ahhh okay, so what I have on the left is the base valve piston, and the right is the mid?ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398975789.626429.jpg

Yes sure do.

IImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398975824.826366.jpg

I see now, I was confused. The only valving I have done are the top valves on KYB forks, didn't think about the base valve on the bottom. Okay, so I have pistons, but will the shim stack from this Pro Action valve setup work? Surely it's a different check plate or spring or both?

Yes I think you got it.

No you need the stock check plate and spring...plus the correct shims.

I would be glad to help you if you want to call me.....I'm in va.

Just pm.

Edited by E-TECH

Okay. I appreciate it so much. I'm putting mid valve back together now and I don't understand how this little black plastic band is supposed to go back in? LolImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399004424.461010.jpg

• Like 1

Try rolling it on something smaller diameter than your valve like a socket.

That would close up the band.

Puting some light grease on valve just to stick the band on the valve always helps.

Yes just roll it up in a tight ball....it will then hug the piston and slip right through.

Did you get the delta ( triangle ) reb. Shims rotated correctly on piston?

Edited by E-TECH

I tried rolling it and couldn't get it to stay tight. A few of the guys said put an oring over it and then the o ring would pop off when it slid through.

The delta shaped shims go directly over the ports of the same shape right? I think those seem to be correct.