Sign in to follow this  

My New TE250 ! a few questions.

Okay well its a 2012 and new to me.  I just sold the '09 ktm exc 450 last night and now its time to 2t ! I'm super excited seeing as though my 2t days were about 21 yrs ago when I was 15yrs old........anyway I was curious if I buy a repair/service manual for the bike will a Ktm xcw250 manual work ?

what are the differences between the 2 bikes ktm vs 'berg really?

-seat height

-tank

-map switch

-fork

???

anyway bike Im getting has a buch of ugrades done to it and is in good nick!  what oil should I run in the clutch, Best bang for the buck? will a T6 rotella work?  Right now he has been running dexron II.

Anything I should look out for? only thing really wrong with bike is starter is starting to go but after watching Slavens rebuild vids it looks fairly staright forward to rebuild.

Anything I should check right away?

Thanks

Off the top of my head, it is very similar to a 2012 KTM XC-W. However, The differences are that is uses the 2010 KTM Frame, closed chamber forks rock for higher speed stuff, machined triple clamps, a lot of different plastic, a map switch, it came with a skidplate. The biggest issue I have had is replacement plastics fitment from being confused as to what should fit this bike. If you always buy for the Husaberg and not a KTM, you should be fine.

I run rotella (both types) in my bikes. I did the wet starter mod and it helps. I bought a modified SX and had it shaved for increased compression. I put a spark arrestor endcap on it but the screen loads up. Better off with a turbine type.

You *should* grease your bearings and change your top end if you don't know what condition they are in.

This is a very solid bike! Enjoy it!

• Like 1