Sign in to follow this  

On going OEM support?

Just picked up a 11' fs570. After reading the news, I'm a little worried I won't be able to get parts in a few years? Does any one have any facts on how the next few years are planned with KTM? I did some searching for this on the forum but people only posted links to different websites selling parts now, I'm worried about 2-3 years from now.

• Like 1

there have been quite a few posts on this. one of the answers i remember was someone said EEC rules were manufacxturers had to provide parts for 10 years after a model was obselete. never bothered to confirm as a hard fact... in any case most of the engine is pure KTM bits, it would come down to the exhaust, tank, side covers etc being different.

there have been quite a few posts on this. one of the answers i remember was someone said EEC rules were manufacxturers had to provide parts for 10 years after a model was obselete. never bothered to confirm as a hard fact... in any case most of the engine is pure KTM bits, it would come down to the exhaust, tank, side covers etc being different.

The 70 degree Husaberg 4 stroke engines of those year were unique to Husaberg

The 70 degree Husaberg 4 stroke engines of those year were unique to Husaberg

Most of the internal wear items are straight KTM parts.  piston, rings, bearings, valves, camshaft, etc, etc.  The cylinder head is different only because of the extra oil drain back valve that feeds that oil line the front of the motor.  

i don't think ktm will leave husaberg owners high and dry like that it would be a black mark on them and hinder potential future sales of husquavarna and ktm bikes I'm sure they will continue to support the bergs i sure hope so too i just picked up an 09 450

• Like 1

Just be glad you have the best SM ever made.  I have one as well.  I sold my off road Italian husky due to parts fears but I am not afraid with the berg.

I have a 2010 fe 390 and a 2010 fx 450 Husaberg and love them both. I would love to buy the 570 if you ever find one!!! there is a youtube video of a austrailian who says he has 15,000 km on his 570 Husaberg and has yet to rebuild!!I think Wisco may make a piston kit for them so a OEM parts and synthech oil are my plan!!!

Most of the internal wear items are straight KTM parts.  piston, rings, bearings, valves, camshaft, etc, etc.  The cylinder head is different only because of the extra oil drain back valve that feeds that oil line the front of the motor.  

I agree, I have already found there are quite a few KTM parts on my 2010 FX 450. I have used some parts for the 2010 450 XCW while the exhaust and rear sprocket for a 2006 525 EXC fit my Husaberg. Surely some parts are unique to Husaberg but it is nice to know many parts are KTM parts. Maybe when we find compatible parts we should post it on TT so others will know. 

I agree, I have already found there are quite a few KTM parts on my 2010 FX 450. I have used some parts for the 2010 450 XCW while the exhaust and rear sprocket for a 2006 525 EXC fit my Husaberg. Surely some parts are unique to Husaberg but it is nice to know many parts are KTM parts. Maybe when we find compatible parts we should post it on TT so others will know.

That's an excellent idea, maybe the moderator can make it a sticky

My KTM riding friends call my '10 FE 450 "the most confused KTM".

Good thing about that is most of the parts are interchangeable with KTM.  The big items that are not like engine cases and plastic subframe, are hopefully items that do not generally need replacing.

It's really easy to know which parts are compatible.

All part numbers that start with an are Husaberg-specific parts and have to come from a Husaberg dealer (this may have changed during the Husqvarna changeover)

All other parts, like ones that start with 7, 5 or 0, are KTM parts.  I buy most of my parts from my local KTM dealer.  

• Like 2

It's really easy to know which parts are compatible.

All part numbers that start with an are Husaberg-specific parts and have to come from a Husaberg dealer (this may have changed during the Husqvarna changeover)

All other parts, like ones that start with 7, 5 or 0, are KTM parts.  I buy most of my parts from my local KTM dealer.  

Good info, I'll bet very few knew that.

Just wondering if anybody can help me out? I need to know if a 08 kx450f right side cam bridge/retainer/ holder, will fit a 06 kx450f? This part is hard to find, I was lucky enough to find one, but it's off a 08, and it says it's a possible fit for 06-11 kx450f, but I need to know for sure. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

Just wondering if anybody can help me out? I need to know if a 08 kx450f right side cam bridge/retainer/ holder, will fit a 06 kx450f? This part is hard to find, I was lucky enough to find one, but it's off a 08, and it says it's a possible fit for 06-11 kx450f, but I need to know for sure. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

Wrong place buddy :)

Wrong place buddy :)