Sign in to follow this  

Anyone tried any bold seat colors?

So has anyone tried any "bold" colors for their seat cover?  I see most people have the usual black seat cover with the occasional yellow or blue two tone, but I was just pondering the other day what my black DRZ would look like with a red seat. I think the black and red would look pretty bold but at the same time it could possibly turn out very ugly too. Not to mention Im having a hard time actually finding a red seat cover for it.  Anyone tried anything like this?  Pics would be great  :)

Only thing I would think is if left outside it would turn pink eventually

I've got a two tone blue/black seat from seat concepts.

Blue sides, black top, blue stitching on the black and black stitching on the blue.

Someday, I'll get it mounted up and snap some pics.

Seat Concepts will make you a seat in whatever color you want.

So will Corbin if you order direct, they've got a ton of options. Sargent too, I believe.. Otherwise, I don't see why you can't visit a local upholstery shop and see what they can do.

I've got a two tone blue/black seat from seat concepts.

Blue sides, black top, blue stitching on the black and black stitching on the blue.

Someday, I'll get it mounted up and snap some pics.

Would love to see pics of your seat,   was the colored stitching an extra charge?

• Like 1

The "custom" portion of the seat (color and stitching) was only $25 extra.

I'll get it mounted and I'll show it off.

• Like 2

I'd given the upholstery shop a thought, but I kind of want to maintain the "Suzuki" logo on the seat for contrast. I did manage to find an N-Style cover that has the logo on it, just skiddish to order it. http://store.n-style.com/Suzuki-Custom-Seat-Cover-Suzuki-Custom-Seat-Cover.htm

Here's my idea of what I wanted to do, but thinking about swapping the fork boots kind of holds me back. Don't want to screw up my brand new bike before it even has 100 miles on it.

Black and Red Concept:

2012-Suzuki-DRZ400Sblackandred_zps05debc

White and Blue Concept:

2013-Suzuki-DRZ400Sblueandwhite_zps9cf28

Edited by plankk
  • Like 4

Motoseat's website shows that they have a drz seat cover in the two tone option I think would be pretty cool. You can kind of build your own seat by selecting what colour you want on the sides or top.  I was thinking about doing the red top, black sides on mine. Only thing to consider is that the brighter colors can show wear much quicker than a regular black seat.

http://shop.motoseat.com/SUZUKI-TWO-TONE-TRACTION-SUZUKI-TWO-TONE-TRACTION.htm

I'd given the upholstery shop a thought, but I kind of want to maintain the "Suzuki" logo on the seat for contrast. I did manage to find an N-Style cover that has the logo on it, just skiddish to order it. http://store.n-style.com/Suzuki-Custom-Seat-Cover-Suzuki-Custom-Seat-Cover.htm

Here's my idea of what I wanted to do, but thinking about swapping the fork boots kind of holds me back. Don't want to screw up my brand new bike before it even has 100 miles on it.

Black and Red Concept:

2012-Suzuki-DRZ400Sblackandred_zps05debc

White and Blue Concept:

2013-Suzuki-DRZ400Sblueandwhite_zps9cf28

Really like how the black and red combo looks....I think you should go for it! Only thing I would change would be the accordians......I'd do red SealSavers!  ;)

• Like 1