Sign in to follow this  

Jetting FCR carb

Hi all,

I'm looking at purchasing a used 400S and the seller has an FCR carb not installed/jetted. It has a yosh pipe and powerbomb header + 3x3 mod. According to THIS PAGE the setup is as shown below but it doesn't specify that this is with the 3x3 mod (or it is assumed as being done?). I'm looking at doing the carb install myself (it doesn't look too tough) and wondering if this is the right setup for as described with 3x3 mod. Thanks!

DRZ400 FCR39MX Jetting for: sea level,aftermarket pipe with open muffler

• 160 main jet
  • 200 main air jet
  • EMN needle
  • clip 3
  • 45 pilot jet
  • remove pilot air jet
  • 2 turns fuel screw
  • o-ring mod

Thats with the 3x3 mod. You'll probably find that is still pretty rich for you though.

Thanks...other recommendations or is it best to start there.

Where are you in OH? I'm in Cinci

Edited by Zed_1K

3x3 airbox

155-158 main jet

200 main air jet

ncyr needle

clip 2

100 pilot air jet

42 pilot jet

1.5 turns extended fuel screw

9mm float level

merge ap spring and/or o-ring mod

Thanks...other recommendations or is it best to start there.

Where are you in OH? I'm in Cinci

I ride with a bunch of guys from Cinci. Do you know any of the Assfault Junkies? If you haven't met any of them, you really need to join their forum. http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/   Hands down the best group I've ever met. You will not find a better group of people. If yours is an SM  you definitely need to go to the track with us, theres a couple tracks "local" to you.

I'm not far from Cinci, about 60 minutes north of there. I can lend a hand if you want to ride up to my place.

Those jetting specs will run fine for you. However that doesn't mean they are ideal, just a starting point.

I have the slant FCR (not MX), and I'm at 150 MJ, 38 PJ, 200 MAJ, 1/2 Turn on PAJ, EMM Needle Clip 3.  Once I got the PAJ tuned right, I had no more popping on deccel. I found the settings you listed, ok, but way too rich. Heck I made more power on the 148 MJ, than I did the 150, but I didn't want to keep going smaller, rather be a bit rich for "safety".

Edited by OhioYJ

Hi all,

I'm looking at purchasing a used 400S and the seller has an FCR carb not installed/jetted. It has a yosh pipe and powerbomb header + 3x3 mod. According to THIS PAGE the setup is as shown below but it doesn't specify that this is with the 3x3 mod (or it is assumed as being done?). I'm looking at doing the carb install myself (it doesn't look too tough) and wondering if this is the right setup for as described with 3x3 mod. Thanks!

Where did the PO get the carb from.?

Thanks for the replies, guys.

@OhioYJ - yes, I've met at least one guy that I know is on that forum and a bunch from the OH Riders forum. I should probably spend some more time over there.

@Craigo - I really have no idea...we've only exchanged a few emails.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

@OhioYJ - yes, I've met at least one guy that I know is on that forum and a bunch from the OH Riders forum. I should probably spend some more time over there.

@Craigo - I really have no idea...we've only exchanged a few emails.

Mate.....

You need to where the carb is from before fitting?.....

Is it new or used..?...

If used what bike is it from.?