Sign in to follow this  

Michigan Houghton County

Does anyone on here live or ride around houghton county? Me and a bunch of my friends ride on the hancock side of the bridge. Always looking for new people to ride with...I'm thinking we'll show you ours and you show us yours(trails that is lol) We are mostly interested in finding new single track/ hil climbs...We are getting sick of getting kicked out of the pedal bike trails but so far they are the best. And yes i know we arent suposed to be there, thats why i want to find new trails.

Does anyone on here live or ride around houghton county? Me and a bunch of my friends ride on the hancock side of the bridge. Always looking for new people to ride with...I'm thinking we'll show you ours and you show us yours(trails that is lol) We are mostly interested in finding new single track/ hil climbs...We are getting sick of getting kicked out of the pedal bike trails but so far they are the best. And yes i know we arent suposed to be there, thats why i want to find new trails.

You and your friends should STOP riding in ilegal places...many of us spend lots of time and effort in order to keep legal areas from being closed....your illegal riding goes along way into shutting down the legal places to ride by giving us all a bad name

• Like 1

Uhh thats why i made this post in the first place."We are getting sick of getting kicked out of the pedal bike trails but so far they are the best. And yes i know we arent suposed to be there, thats why i want to find new trails." I thought i stated that pretty clearly.... And just to add something more unless you have lived here your whole life you wouldn't even know your not suposed to ride there its poorly marked in many areas and very easy to go from a legal trail to an illegal one without knowing. Thanks for the concern though.

Uhh thats why i made this post in the first place."We are getting sick of getting kicked out of the pedal bike trails but so far they are the best. And yes i know we arent suposed to be there, thats why i want to find new trails." I thought i stated that pretty clearly.... And just to add something more unless you have lived here your whole life you wouldn't even know your not suposed to ride there its poorly marked in many areas and very easy to go from a legal trail to an illegal one without knowing. Thanks for the concern though.

The problem is you going on trails you KNOW you are not supposed to be on, and that is a concern of mine and it is my business. Please take time to learn the legal trails in your area, ill help you with this. Search through these links and find something you like. If you don't find the trail you want to ride on one of these sites I just gave you, it's most likely not legal...STAY OFF OF IT!!

http://www.vvmapping.com/trails/trailInfoMI.html

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070-38330--,00.html

• Like 1

Those trails are the best because dirtbikes aren't allowed on them. 

Michigan has a huge amount of ORV trails. I would be willing to bet it has much much more orv trails than mtb trails. Find a trail that is legal and ride on it.

I ride mountain bikes a lot. Quick way to ruin a mtb trail is for dirtbikes to ride it. You know how quads blow out all the fun single track? Well, in this scenario you are the quad ruining my fun and you shouldn't be there. Find a better place to ride or start pedaling.

This is the kind of shit that gets riding areas closed down and gives dirtbikers a bad name. 

Edited by johanssont

Go down by Twin Lake there are lots of ORV trails down there.  Some very challenging.  Alstrom trail I think it is.

• Like 1

Bass Lake, Porterfield, Moss, Newberry,  Not sure how far a drive those are for you... I mountain bike all time .. 3-4 times a week.... They would string you by your speed bag around here if they caught you riding ..... Mountain bikers are like trail Nazis..... They get pissed if you leave so  much as a pizza cutter in the trail on a wet day... Love the Hancock area... Me and my son { when he was 16} rode the U.P Safarie  Crap, that was 8 years ago.... Anyways , the fort, the missile silo , scenery, etc... give a shout if you ever get to the lower.....the trails are not so far spread apart.... you could always hit the Loose Moose endure ..... not to far from Marquette / Sawyer Air force Base..

Edited by sndmn2