Sign in to follow this  

yz125 vs trx450r

i have a friend that is a a** hole and is acting really stuck up about the 450r he wants to get(06 or up. I was wondering if i had a chance with my 06 yz125. it has a full fmf, ported and polished, bored carb, dp racing clutch, vforce reeds, and total control suspension. His 450r would be stock. do i have a chance. I have beat a cr250 in a grass drag before.

p.s.- He is not very good at shifting

Whether you can beat your buddy or not is more dependent on each of your riding abilities than the bikes/quads you are on.

When I had my YZ426F my cousin had his YZ125 and would regularly smoke my butt on just about any terrain.  I definitely had more power than him, but he is a very, very fast A rider, and was at the time a mediocre C rider.

Rider ability is far more of a factor than the bike.  Also, terrain will play a huge roll also.

On face value, I would say that you might beat him, but probably not if you are both similar in capabilities.

shut up josh. I can still beat that pos kdx200

Edited by wsfl420

I I guarantee that if you know how to ride that you will be able to beat his TRX 450 I had a tricked out 94 KX 80 big wheel that would smoke a brand-new 06 predator 500 in grass drag till I topped out just depends how well you ride/race and how well he rides/ races

That is comforting. I didn't think I had much of a chance

Naaaaaaaawz!

Have the race on single track. Pretty sure you'd beat him then.