Sign in to follow this  

2011 kx250f flywheel?

Sorry if I post this in the wrong area, but I am new to this site.  I have a 2011 kx250f and I am trying to set the timing on it.  I have been all over the flywheel and for the life of me can only find one mark on it.  everywhere I read on the internet says there should usually be two marks on the flywheel.  One for ignition and one for cam timing.  is the 2o11 different somehow or am I just not finding it.  I have even taken the ignition cover off and cleaned the sucker and can't find but one faint mark. thanks in advance.

Bobby

Sorry if I post this in the wrong area, but I am new to this site.  I have a 2011 kx250f and I am trying to set the timing on it.  I have been all over the flywheel and for the life of me can only find one mark on it.  everywhere I read on the internet says there should usually be two marks on the flywheel.  One for ignition and one for cam timing.  is the 2o11 different somehow or am I just not finding it.  I have even taken the ignition cover off and cleaned the sucker and can't find but one faint mark. thanks in advance.

Bobby

one faint mark is all you need, 11's dont have 2 marks

Put the motor at top dead centre with a screwdriver in the spark plug hole and check through the inspection timing hole if the mark lines up 

• Like 1