Sign in to follow this  

Washington 12hrs of Starvation Ridge Saturday,May 3rd

The 12hrs of Starvation Ridge is coming up this weekend. The 12 hr, bar none is your best bang for your buck. Ironman or team, it's one of the best values in the Northwest for your racing dollars.

Don't have lights? Go ahead and run untill dark, see where you were at when you quit and still a terrific value for 10hrs of racing.( usually around 2 hrs of twilight/darkness.

The first of 3 endurance races at Starvation Ridge, culminating in the 24hrs of Starvation Ridge. Conditions look to be dryer than last week, with some changes to the course ( because I like to!).

Conditions look to be near perfect, with a high of 61 and winds 10 to 15.

Ground conditions are mostly dried up from the hail and rain last weekend.

Should be an awesome time. :D

Scott

• Like 1

Awesome. Looking forward to it! Had a blast at the 24 last year!

Luke

with some changes to the course ( because I like to!).

Your mean like that!!! :thumbsup:

wouldn't make you guys go through anything my 10 year old can't get through. ( of course the optional bits don't count!) ( Brent knows better)

If anyone is showing up with some sexy new light, swing by the check and show me.I'm always looking for a better bike or helmet light.

So far, I haven't seen anything better than my 50 watt,4200K , 8" trailtech on a bike or the 2" trailtech mr16 flood helmet light.

• Like 1

Who?

Who in the world would make m/c racers run in MX boots at the START of a 24hr m/c race????

(that's just mean spirited) :thumbsup:

Who?

Who in the world would make m/c racers run in MX boots at the START of a 24hr m/c race????

(that's just mean spirited) :thumbsup:

Didn't HAVE to run in boots. That's the riders choice. Or u could do like former Ironman winner Keith Cayton........walk! :devil:

• Like 1

Just a heads up.. I lost my GoPro hero 2 at about 9pm almost exactly 1/2 way between the barn and the check (2.5miles from the finish I think).

Went back out Sunday and walked the area for 45min. Its gone...lol I did find a KTM skidplate in the exact spot I went down. No surprise there... if anyone saw it give me a shout. Finders fee: if I could get the card back you can keep the camera! Thanks Luke. BTW I had a blast! Dislocated my shoulder on my only crash when I lost the camera but it popped back in on the woop section right after I got going again. Had one 28 minute lap and a bunch of 30s. Great trail, I kept missing the few splits... oh well.

Thanks OTBG!

Luke

Lighting: I used 2 4"x4"x2" 1550 lumen 30°floods. Bought from TUFF LED from Amazon. $50 free shipping. Ran them off of two 20volt dewalt batteries. Lit it up great, but need to get a helmet light still. My night laps were a few minutes longer than daylight. Super happy with them.

Luke