Sign in to follow this  

2015 Honda CRF1000 ADV Bike?

I'm already prepared to be disappointed.  I don't think Honda is up to the challenge, too much of a global PC company now.

• Like 3

Personally, I would like a modern e-start, fuel injected XR600 that weighs an honest 270 pounds.

Edited by XRandWRRider
  • Like 2

Personally, I would like a modern e-start, fuel injected XR600 that weighs an honest 270 pounds.

Yea, don't understand 500# adventure bikes, maybe I don't understand the definition.

Mike

It's more likely to be a replacement for this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_XRV750

Honda has been trying to sell low volume, high cost niche bikes lately though. Maybe that is their goal, another cult bike that initially flops on the sales floor.

CRF doesn't sound like a long lasting bike to me. Competition ready sounds like high maintenance certainty. Maybe they should consider naming it something else. Maybe with and X or V in there somewhere.

thanks for the link to that forum...lots of cool stuff...yeah...the 500# plus bikes are ridiculous...fast but only until you have to pick it up out of a ditch or water crossing...even though my DRZ is farkled out I can still pick it up easily enough...my new Shorai shaved 5# up high

there is a link on there to 10 bikes we don't get over here...the 660 Tenere is the bike I want, not that great but way too heavy for me 1200

I must be getting old  :rolleyes:

I really like it ! 

I wonder how 'softened' the final version might become, with a miriad of street-touches. Would be lovely if it reallly did stay very heavily dirt focused / biased..........

How can a 1000cc bike be dirt focused?  Not even possible.  Why no manufacturer is making a reliable (think WR250r or CRF250L) 450cc bike is beyond me.  250 is too small for the road, period.  Heck, 250cc is almost too small for dirt.   1000+cc is too big and heavy for the dirt.  350-500cc would just about right for a true dual sport.  KTM is about as close as it gets but their bikes are high maintenance for road bikes.  Why no WR450R?  I think almost everyone other than first time riders would prefer a WR450R over a WR250R. 

Edited by Rocker01

How can a 1000cc bike be dirt focused?  Not even possible.  Why no manufacturer is making a reliable (think WR250r or CRF250L) 450cc bike is beyond me.  250 is too small for the road, period.  Heck, 250cc is almost too small for dirt.   1000+cc is too big and heavy for the dirt.  350-500cc would just about right for a true dual sport.  KTM is about as close as it gets but their bikes are high maintenance for road bikes.  Why no WR450R?  I think almost everyone other than first time riders would prefer a WR450R over a WR250R. 

:cry:

How can a 1000cc bike be dirt focused? Not even possible. Why no manufacturer is making a reliable (think WR250r or CRF250L) 450cc bike is beyond me. 250 is too small for the road, period. Heck, 250cc is almost too small for dirt. 1000+cc is too big and heavy for the dirt. 350-500cc would just about right for a true dual sport. KTM is about as close as it gets but their bikes are high maintenance for road bikes. Why no WR450R? I think almost everyone other than first time riders would prefer a WR450R over a WR250R.

This. My current bike is a CRF250L, and I like it a lot. But a CRF450L would be the ultimate do it all bike.

Remember the XR400?  Didn't sell

Remember the KLX400? Didn't sell

Remember the KLX450X? Didn't sell

Remember the RMZ450X? Didn't sell

Remember the XR650L? Still selling, barely.

The LAST thing we need is another do-it-all-poorly motorcycle that won't sell.

The Honda CRF230, and it's kawi/yami/ versions are junk. 

They don't even make the frames out of Cromoly, and the suspension is all pot metal. And they are slow.

..and they weigh 330lbs!  

What do you think a 450 version would be like?

Do want a 400lb 'dual sport'?

Why all the crying toad?  Tampon leak again? 

That time of the month again.