srt pro-flo pipe

I have one on my 2012 300xc. So far I love it. It is still new. Compaired to the gnarly I had the Power is much better in the mid and on top but lost quite a bit on the bottom (which is ok with me). It is not as thick as the gnarly (18 guage) but is 19 guage and still thicker than stock. The power is pretty much the same as stock. It is the best fitting pipe I have ever installed (the gnarly fit horribly). My buddy bought one for his YZ and said his fit perfect too.

I had one on my 2012 200, as mentioned, compared side by side with the OEM pipe, I couldn't discern a difference. They even say their CF pipe guard will fit both their pipe and OEM.

I was running a gnarly and it took away too much zing in the upper ranges, this pipe gave it back.

I can't say for sure, but I don't think it is any thicker than OEM.

As far as "made in china", I've have had problems with FMF pipes too, bad plating job that flaked off the stinger on initial install, leaky welds etc. For the price it's hard to beat it.

I had one on my 2012 200, as mentioned, compared side by side with the OEM pipe, I couldn't discern a difference. They even say their CF pipe guard will fit both their pipe and OEM.

I was running a gnarly and it took away too much zing in the upper ranges, this pipe gave it back.

I can't say for sure, but I don't think it is any thicker than OEM.

As far as "made in china", I've have had problems with FMF pipes too, bad plating job that flaked off the stinger on initial install, leaky welds etc. For the price it's hard to beat it.

the big problem with China is their extremely poor steel quality.

Its not something i want to try.

Nice way to dress up a bike before selling.

• Like 1

the big problem with China is their extremely poor steel quality.

Its not something i want to try.

Nice way to dress up a bike before selling.

Help me understand? There is stuff made in China that is every bit as good as anything out there. In fact, I guarantee that you have something made in china on your bike.

• Like 1

Help me understand? There is stuff made in China that is every bit as good as anything out there. In fact, I guarantee that you have something made in china on your bike.

look into it, China has really bad steel. Besides that im all for exploiting there cheap labour to produce needed items. I have seen "made in china" labels on some oem honda parts packaging. Usually its a rubber seal or simialar.

I would not try to ad china crap to my bike on purpose.

I agree stick to American made... but I have dealt with many manufactures in China and it comes down to the company managing the qaulity of the item in China... the company having the product manufactured will dictate the qaulity of the steel used if they are managing the production side properly. Many times at the end of day it is China having the production equipment to make what you need... after you ship it from overseas the cost would be the same as the usa if we had the machinary facilities regularly available for outsourcing production... thats my 2 cents..

look into it, China has really bad steel. Besides that im all for exploiting there cheap labour to produce needed items. I have seen "made in china" labels on some oem honda parts packaging. Usually its a rubber seal or simialar.

I would not try to ad china crap to my bike on purpose.

It's just a frickin' exhaust pipe, how good does the steel need to be? It's not tool steel, a bearing or a gear. I'm more interested in the fit and finish, including welds and plating. Reread my last post on this subject. Just because it's made in the USA doesn't guarantee it's any better than this one from China.

Edited by IdaSpode

It's just a frickin' exhaust pipe, how good does the steel need to be? It's not tool steel, a bearing or a gear. I'm more interested in the fit and finish, including welds and plating. Reread my last post on this subject. Just because it's made in the USA doesn't guarantee it's any better than this one from China.

just my opinion.

I'll never buy one unless im makin a bike look to sell.

If your happy with it thats all that really matters.

I agree stick to American made... but I have dealt with many manufactures in China and it comes down to the company managing the qaulity of the item in China... the company having the product manufactured will dictate the qaulity of the steel used if they are managing the production side properly. Many times at the end of day it is China having the production equipment to make what you need... after you ship it from overseas the cost would be the same as the usa if we had the machinary facilities regularly available for outsourcing production... thats my 2 cents..

Exactly, my wife's business imports millions and millions of dollars worth of product manufactured by pacific rim companies for US manufacturers. If you spec crap, they will make it. Spec highest of quality, they will make it. Obviously if China can successfully launch spacecraft, they have the ability to abide by very strict quality control standards on materials and very high manufacturing tolerances.

These photos are from a brand new, never used FMF Gnarly. This happened on initial install. After numerous attempts to contact FMF with no reply, RMATV sent me a new one. The new one seemed to have a better plating job, but in a short time began spooging from pinholes on both mounting tab welds. I put well over 1000 miles on my SRT pipe before I sold the bike, no issues whatsoever. Spend your money where you want, but my exhaust gasses don't know if they are passing through a Chinese pipe or an American pipe. Knowing how I ride and our terrain, I know I will probably end up needing a new pipe for my current 200 at some point, it won't come from FMF.

Ask Pivot Works where they source their products. They wouldn't tell me after several inquiries and got rather belligerent when I pressed them. Same for All Balls and EE bearings. Personally I won't buy Chinese bearings, American, Japanese or European only. I will never, ever buy any Pivot Works product and do whatever I can to persuade my riding partners to do the same. One of them ignored me, got all of 300 miles on a set of their rear wheel bearings. Now he knows better. ?

fmf_3.jpg

fmf_1.jpg

Exactly, my wife's business imports millions and millions of dollars worth of product manufactured by pacific rim companies for US manufacturers. If you spec crap, they will make it. Spec highest of quality, they will make it. Obviously if China can successfully launch spacecraft, they have the ability to abide by very strict quality control standards on materials and very high manufacturing tolerances.

These photos are from a brand new, never used FMF Gnarly. This happened on initial install. After numerous attempts to contact FMF with no reply, RMATV sent me a new one. The new one seemed to have a better plating job, but in a short time began spooging from pinholes on both mounting tab welds. I put well over 1000 miles on my SRT pipe before I sold the bike, no issues whatsoever. Spend your money where you want, but my exhaust gasses don't know if they are passing through a Chinese pipe or an American pipe. Knowing how I ride and our terrain, I know I will probably end up needing a new pipe for my current 200 at some point, it won't come from FMF.

Ask Pivot Works where they source their products. They wouldn't tell me after several inquiries and got rather belligerent when I pressed them. Same for All Balls and EE bearings. Personally I won't buy Chinese bearings, American, Japanese or European only. I will never, ever buy any Pivot Works product and do whatever I can to persuade my riding partners to do the same. One of them ignored me, got all of 300 miles on a set of their rear wheel bearings. Now he knows better. ?

fmf_3.jpg

fmf_1.jpg

ive bought over 20 fmf exhausts, never had a single issue.

As far as Pivot Works? Theyre junk.

Pulling the seal and greasing is a must if you do run them. They are almost dry when u buy them.

As for specing quality, youd think Wiseco would spec good steel for their China made cranks. Absolute junk. I agree uf theres a china part to go on a bike a pipe is a good choice. Not for me though.

To each their own.

• 5 months later...

There are two Chinas sort of speak  one builds items to ISO 9006 standards the other is a clone maker and makes things with no standards

Edited by Soloscuba