Sign in to follow this  

CRF 1000 Africa Twin

I'd get one right away. I was just thinking about getting a GS 800 for some touring. And I'd rather bleed red.

After we spotted the name “Africa Twin” in the USPTO online filings, buzz about a proper adventure-touring model from Honda have been swirling the internet, and even in print. German magazine Motorrad adds to the rumor mill, saying that the recently released privateer racer-only Honda CRF450 Rally will serve as the basis for the ADV model. Italian online site Moto.it confirms that the Africa Twin will be visually similar to the CRF450 Rally, and goes on to say that the new model will likely not debut in 2014, but instead Spring 2015. According to Moto.it, the Honda Africa Twin will have a strong off-road bias as an adventure model (a 21″ spoked wheel up front), be roughly 440 lbs at the curb, and have a displacement between 900cc and 1,000cc.

After we spotted the name “Africa Twin” in the USPTO online filings, buzz about a proper adventure-touring model from Honda have been swirling the internet, and even in print. German magazine Motorrad adds to the rumor mill, saying that the recently released privateer racer-only Honda CRF450 Rally will serve as the basis for the ADV model. Italian online site Moto.it confirms that the Africa Twin will be visually similar to the CRF450 Rally, and goes on to say that the new model will likely not debut in 2014, but instead Spring 2015. According to Moto.it, the Honda Africa Twin will have a strong off-road bias as an adventure model (a 21″ spoked wheel up front), be roughly 440 lbs at the curb, and have a displacement between 900cc and 1,000cc.

That direction sounds promising.  The road going 800s like the GS and Tiger are kind of gutless and have the budget suspensions and such. The 1200-1300 versions are too big.  This could be just right.  21" wheel is a plus.  However, I hope it's tubeless and they use a better system than KTM with that untrustworthy rubber ring that sits in it's own channel.  Hit or miss with that.

Good friend and his wife on back just did a massive ride all over Europe (even did iceland!) on an Africa Twin.  Good on fuel and solid as a rock, had no issues at all.

For real?

Don't think so (it's a photo shopped HRC Dakar bike) but it should be too nice...

Grotefoto-FMOEZZNN.jpg

• Like 2

I already told my dealer I want the first one

Edited by StonedInNy
  • Like 1

Thank god, that bike is a huge waste of resources and I doubt it would sell

Edited by MrRong

Thank god, that bike is a huge waste of resources and I doubt it would sell

Once again, everyone has their opinion. Sounds like Honda sided with you. Personally I disagree. I guess I'll commit to orange.

RZ Rob

Honda is not in the game of wasting money, so sounds like they went with the market outlook. The market outlook for a bike like that is very, very small. I would rather them improve models they already have then send out a shit pile only a few people would buy