CRF 1000 Africa Twin

Maybe it will be plagued with problems that honda won't cover under warranty?

Maybe you will be plauged with a positive non-fashist cop attitude, and stop RUINING multiple threads all over this site ?

Seriously dude, you really need to get some help. 

It's clear that you are unbelievably unhappy, and must let everyone know about it.

I hope you get the help you need.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna be expensive if you ever drop or crash on one of those......and if you own one.....you will.

It all depends on how's it's designed. If they use cheap plastic and metal tanks yeah it will be costly to fix. My 990 adventure takes a drop real well with minimal damage and can lay on it's side forever no risk of further damage. The large heavy duty plastic tanks to both side of motor are very durable and there are cheap replaceable skid panels on the lower corners of the tank which is where the bike will come to rest on in a drop. Turn signals are designed to come apart on impact, and are quickly reassembled by loosening a single screw. Exhaust is tucked tight to the seat. 

Honda looks to be almost copying the 990 proportionally hopefully some of these design feature will rub off, the tank looks like the sides stick out and is up high and they have used some rubber bumper to help protect it, good luck and the exhaust is big and fat. Other then that most of the other stuff looks good and tucked away. Compared to other bikes on the market this is one of the better setups if you really are planning to play in the dirt.

You want cheap reliable and slow get a dr650 one of the original adventure bikes, you want a fast rally machine, you have to pay to play, get this new honda or an old 9x0. BTW 13k is pretty damn cheap, that's what most mid range new street bikes cost. 

Edited by rharr

I am probably going to buy one of these. But damn, was hoping the standard model didn't have ABS, that's 20+ pounds right there.  I don't need a dual action clutch or ABS. Could have easily came in around 485# then with a custom exhaust and Shorai battery, loose another 25 pounds or so, and that my friends would be a serious liter class high speed light weight dual purpose weapon.  Oh well. 

Dual-clutch thing is like Rekluse for bigger bikes, I'm not sure it's totally worthless offroad, it just takes a part of motorcycle feeling from it

I can't say that its worthless, as haven't tried the CRF1000 L yet, that said, I have ridden bikes with the Rekluse and it makes stuff that I find slightly challenging with me manually slipping the clutch, way easier.  To my point, that tight stuff I ride on my trail bikes, I would never ride on the 1000.  For road and Offroad adventure riding, its not needed. 

I can't say that its worthless, as haven't tried the CRF1000 L yet, that said, I have ridden bikes with the Rekluse and it makes stuff that I find slightly challenging with me manually slipping the clutch, way easier.  To my point, that tight stuff I ride on my trail bikes, I would never ride on the 1000.  For road and Offroad adventure riding, its not needed. 

Yes, but on the 1000 it's usually harder to ride even at not challenging at all 2 tracks and jeep roads, with that DCT thing it might be way easier to hadle there than most other 1000+ bikes 

• Like 1

Yes, but on the 1000 it's usually harder to ride even at not challenging at all 2 tracks and jeep roads, with that DCT thing it might be way easier to hadle there than most other 1000+ bikes 

That is possible.  Very interesting to say the least.

Ugh......

This bike is a total pig. Notice the way they don't show you the jump landings.

This bike has more in common with the NC700 and the CTX 700 than it does with any of Honda's dirtbikes. Seriously. Should not even be discussed in the 450X forum because it is so far removed from what X riders are lookin g for in a bike. You'll see.... even the adventure crowd will not like this compared to the 990 KTM. 

When you think Africa Twin this is the lineage of the bike

http://powersports.honda.com/2015/nc700x.aspx

http://powersports.honda.com/2015/ctx700n.aspx

Sad but true. IMO Honda is all excited about a bike that nobody is going to buy once they get a good look at it. Plus most people that want a bike like this have already bought a KTM. 

We want a plateable 450x type bike......this is not it.

Ugh......

This bike is a total pig. Notice the way they don't show you the jump landings.

This bike has more in common with the NC700 and the CTX 700 than it does with any of Honda's dirtbikes. Seriously. Should not even be discussed in the 450X forum because it is so far removed from what X riders are lookin g for in a bike. You'll see.... even the adventure crowd will not like this compared to the 990 KTM. 

When you think Africa Twin this is the lineage of the bike

http://powersports.honda.com/2015/nc700x.aspx

http://powersports.honda.com/2015/ctx700n.aspx

Sad but true. IMO Honda is all excited about a bike that nobody is going to buy once they get a good look at it. Plus most people that want a bike like this have already bought a KTM. 

We want a plateable 450x type bike......this is not it.

It's an " L " series bike, nothing more.  

It's still pretty cool, coming from Honda.