Sign in to follow this  

Brake Pad Recommendations

What brake pads do you guys recommend? I was gonna go with oem, but I am pretty tempted to try the AP racing ORR pads after reading about them on CRF Stuff's website.

do you ride woods or mx ? For wicked cheap, tusk or "neutron" are hard to beat.. I am VERY partial to EBC. It's all i use, and i pic the pad for the application.

Sintered (semi-metalic) for wet/mud offroad races, or if i was riding MX/SX. much harder initial bite, wear longer, but are harder on rotors..
I use EBC "red" organic/carbon pads almost exclusively (unless the course is gonna be a mud fest or lots of water crossings). The red

NON-sintered pads are much more progressive in feel/bite. AND, they don't generate a lot of heat (ideal for woods/enduro racing).
EBC are a little more ($25+- a set) but are great pads.

Edited by MELK-MAN

What brake pads do you guys recommend? I was gonna go with oem, but I am pretty tempted to try the AP racing ORR pads after reading about them on CRF Stuff's website.

Hi MX-

The AP Racing ORR's are unique in that they offer the great feel that everyone loves about the stock HONDA NISSIN pads, but the AP's typically last 2-3 times longer. They cost a bit more up front, but in th elong run you'll save and get great performance.

Hope that helps!