Sign in to follow this  

Alberta 500 exc or xc-w six days in Canada?

Does anyone know if you could get/will be able to get a six days version of a 500exc or xc-w in Canada for 2015 or in previous years.  I've seen a few 350's, but don't recall ever seeing any 500's in the six days guise on any Canadian or American sites. 

When are KTM's usually available?  Thinking of picking one up this fall if they get here in time.  What does everyone think of the six days?  Are they worth the extra grand or so?  Or would it be better just to go with a Husky Fe501?   

Likely be used mostly for trails, fire road type stuff...nothing too tight or technical.  Street legal would be a nice bonus as in the EXC, but none of the guys I ride with have anything streetable anyway...so not a huge deal. 

I am seriously looking at the Beta 498 dualsport...520rs, 498rr or whatever it's called.  Talked to the dealer and he said they're not called the 520rs in Canada.  That's an American thing.????  Curious to know how much worse the fuel mileage is on the beta than the KTM...not that it matters a WHOLE lot. 

I am seriously looking at the Beta 498 dualsport...520rs, 498rr or whatever it's called. Talked to the dealer and he said they're not called the 520rs in Canada. That's an American thing.???? Curious to know how much worse the fuel mileage is on the beta than the KTM...not that it matters a WHOLE lot.

Didnt see this reply til now. True, RS is only for the US market. In Canada we can plate the RR models from the factory. Where are you located?