Sign in to follow this  

Supercross "Food Poisoning" in Supercross

So, a friend and I were discussing this the other day: why does 10% of the field have "Food Poisoning" on any given Saturday? Top top guys take planes to the races, right, so no excuses to be eating crap road food if they are tucked in at Mommy's house most nights.

Is "Food Poisoning" some sort of insider lingo or euphemism for something else?

I thought most of these supercross pros are super fit, highly trained kids who maintain a good athlete's diet as prescribed by some high-end personal trainer and at great expense so as to maintain a winning edge.

Is Food Poisoning something else?  Extreme hangovers or something even more nefarious?

Thanks.

-R

So, a friend and I were discussing this the other day: why does 10% of the field have "Food Poisoning" on any given Saturday? Top top guys take planes to the races, right, so no excuses to be eating crap road food if they are tucked in at Mommy's house most nights.

Is "Food Poisoning" some sort of insider lingo or euphemism for something else?

I thought most of these supercross pros are super fit, highly trained kids who maintain a good athlete's diet as prescribed by some high-end personal trainer and at great expense so as to maintain a winning edge.

Is Food Poisoning something else?  Extreme hangovers or something even more nefarious?

Thanks.

-R

This has been discussed and the consensus is PED's of course :thumbsup: