ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

NewJersey Ride your dirtbike legally in the pines One day May 18th! MCI Hare Scramble

Rode the whole course Sunday and it's gonna be a good one! The Morning event (C and sportsman) is real wide with a lot of passing room MX track has just been all shaped up from last year and the grass track is silky smooth

Edited by Dens89Turbo

Can't wait, I love that grass track every year! See you guys Saturday morning, we will be there all weekend. Son racing youth and I will be in the main. Good times coming!

MCI (Motorcycle Competition Inc.) and Eagleswood Twsp are proud to announce the Stumpjumper Harescramble May17th/18th!!!

Go to our website www.ride-mci.com for info and scheduling time, plus you can grab a flier on the home page. Also go to www.ECEA.org for the series rules and info.

1. Event Details:

This is a 2 day event. Kid's race Saturday afternoon (starting at 12:00pm Sharp!) and Adults (men/women) race Sunday starting at 10:00am. We have everything you'll need at sign-up! (AMA memberships, Scoring Transponders and Class info or you can go to www.ecea.org to learn more) Again the attached flier has TONS of info.  SHOW UP EARLY SATURDAY AFTERNOON TO REGISTER or EARLY SUNDAY 7:30-8 that way we can avoid long sign-up lines!!! You can also call Dave at 609-575-7820 between 4-9pm.

2. Kids Course:

This is an EXCELLENT race for kids. We have a SAFE course with virtually ZERO miles on it. 50's lap will be 1.5-1.75 miles with LOTS of mom & dad spectating. Pee-Wee's will be 3.5 miles, again lots of Mom & Dad viewing! Youths will love the 6-7 miles of VARIED TERRIAN! Top 10 in each class will trophy, plus EVERY KID WHO RACES WILL RECEIVE A PRIZE OF SOME SORT

3. For the kids, a 1st timer class??? That's right, maybe your kids raced at Raceway or Blue Diamond and you want to see what a H.S. is all about?? Last line to leave the youth event is the 1st Timers... This 1st timers class is for 10-15 yrs old and the bikes are 2stk 65cc-105cc and 4stk 80cc to 150cc!!! Come on out you will be glad you did, it's WAY MORE COST EFFECTIVE than motocross! They RACE for an hour and a half for 40 bucks!!! Can't beat that.

4. C's and Sportsman Course Details:
C's and Sportsman are in for a real TREAT! 6-7 miles of non-blown out stuff will TONS of MX/wide open grass track/open woods. No bar banging sections, FAIR balanced event for MX/Pit/Woods riders! If you ever wanted to try a race come on out! We'll trophy 10 places in each class + prizes! Trophies and Prizes to 10th place!!!

5. Back for 2014!!! ADV Big Bike riders and Vintage guys are welcome to race in the "C" race the morning! Bike bikes are considered to be anything over 650cc's and Vintage is considered to be anything pre-89. Trophies to 5th place in each class. Come on and have some fun!!!!

6. Main Event Course details:

Listen up! 10-11 miles of MX/TRAIL/Grass Track. We have 3 MX sections paired with 3 OPEN woods sections. Plenty of passing, just STAY ON THE TRAIL! Fun, safe and well prepped is the best way to describe this event. "B" classes trophy 5 places and "A-AA's"'s get CASH and trophies to 3rd place! Come on out and show everyone who the fastest man/woman is...

(Note: course cutters will be DQ'd. No questions asked.  We have spotters (ex-racers) and observation check points to keep people honest!!!)

7. Little details:
Food will be handled by Marie's Catering of Eagleswood, NICE! We'll have cool shirts for sale. Rider "pitting" will be located CLOSE to the rider's parking area. The start provides LOTS of action and will have a HUGE spectator viewing area right after the 1st turn!

8. FYI, BE SURE TO DRINK PLENTY OF WATER THE DAYS LEADING UP TO THE EVENT.  THE 3RD WEEK IN MAY TENDS TO BE WARM.  RACING DIRT BIKES IS SURPRISINGLY TAXING ON THE BODY AND MIND!!!!  YOU NEED TO HYDRATE PRIOR TO THIS EVENT.  Google how to hydrate to learn more.

Are you getting excited? You should be. . .

Go to our website www.ride-mci.com for info and scheduling time, plus you can grab a flier on the home page. Also go to www.ECEA.org for the series rules and info. . .

Looks like you have some decent weather this weekend! Have fun!!!

What number and bike are you? We are here. Course was good today, a little wet in spots but everyone cut through the slop like it wasn't there. Good day! I will be in the main, cannot wait!

There was a guy handing out pre written letters to Christie and EPA's Bob Martin that I think is a great idea. Just signed them and I'll be dropping them off at the post office before work tomorrow. I hope other people at the event will take advantage of this. Written letters get more of a response than e-mails.

Great day and an awesome track, though for me it was not meant to be.  Could not get the bike started at the line (yeah that was me) and needed a bump from the crew.  Then along with my traditional few falls, my rear brake got jammed on the 2nd lap and that ended my chances.  Thanks MCI for a good event.