Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Tomac and the 450 don't get along

Damn, I hope he makes it to Glen Helen. He had rough luck for his rookie SX season and is just now starting to show his potential. He flat ripped on the 250 and just needed some time to get used to racing the 450 in the big boy class. With his fittness level I am really thinking he could have a good outdoor season... if he makes it there.

TC comes back then Will Hahn and Tomac go  out

Lots of people thought RC would kill himself to death during his rookie year on the 250 2 smoke class.  

Tomac is fast and when you go fast, you crash big.  Though he did a lot of crashing chasing KR in the 250F class.  I hope he heals quickly.

Is that the same injury he has when he came together with Weimer at the beginning of the year???

2006 KX85 / 2012 KX250F

2012 KX450F / District 6 #225

Instagram + Twitter: Schearer225

I agree, disapointing. The way he mastered the 250 I figured he'd have an easy transition to the 450...not so much.

I hope they plate it and he's back soon...

• Like 1

Is that the same injury he has when he came together with Weimer at the beginning of the year???

2006 KX85 / 2012 KX250F

2012 KX450F / District 6 #225

Instagram + Twitter: Schearer225

No, that was his shoulder. 

more conclusive evidence that

Eli Tomac is not the second coming 

And that Roczen will have a much better pro career. In fact I doubt Tomac achieves what Kenny has already done. 

• Like 2

And that Roczen will have a much better pro career. In fact I doubt Tomac achieves what Kenny has already done.

Yes he will, just wait until they get that bike working right and he can ride it the way he wants to.

• Like 1

Yes he will, just wait until they get that bike working right and he can ride it the way he wants to.

We will see, but I don't think so, I know you and his dad are bud's but that doesn't change reality. Too many other guys that can just as fast as him and we've already seen him crack under pressure a few times. 

How many guys have winning speed?

How many guys have a championship from the 250s?

How many guys are on really great bikes and teams?

I bet a shitload really.

Year after year we really remember whom won the 450 championship.

Only 5 guys have done this since 2000, leaves lots of room for disappointment. 

How many guys have winning speed?

How many guys have a championship from the 250s?

How many guys are on really great bikes and teams?

I bet a shitload really.

Year after year we really remember whom won the 450 championship.

Only 5 guys have done this since 2000, leaves lots of room for disappointment. 

I'm not disagreeing with you. Being the best is really really tough, winning a 250 championship is a monumental feat in itself. I'm just saying I don't expect any championships out of Tomac and I'd put money on it. 

I'm not disagreeing with you. Being the best is really really tough, winning a 250 championship is a monumental feat in itself. I'm just saying I don't expect any championships out of Tomac and I'd put money on it. 

or the overwhelming majority of these really fast guys

like Barcia and Canard.

or the overwhelming majority of these really fast guys

like Barcia and Canard.

we still agree :-)
  • Like 1

I was hoping that would be the case, he was a genius on the 250 last year. I still have the races on my DVR and watch them from time, 10th to 12th place start and still win by a fair margin, crazy fast. Just doesn't seem to have the magic on the 450 yet. Then again, the last few 250 champs that have moved up haven't won any championships either, I want someone to give RV some serious competition this year.

I can't always spot the talent but even when he was winning I never saw much in that guy. Moving forward I'll pick Barshtard as the the top guys fade with age and attrition and believe Roczen will only plug away like Dungy. Adam may be the next Canard story. Yawn. I hope next years 250 class delivers something to follow.

I was hoping that would be the case, he was a genius on the 250 last year. I still have the races on my DVR and watch them from time, 10th to 12th place start and still win by a fair margin, crazy fast. Just doesn't seem to have the magic on the 450 yet. Then again, the last few 250 champs that have moved up haven't won any championships either, I want someone to give RV some serious competition this year.

He can't ride the way he wants to because he doesn't have the same confidence in the way the 450 is working right now. Once they get the front end working the way he wants, he'll be the same, but in order to ride like that you need complete confidence in your bike.

He will come around.

• Like 1

He is struggling with the bike. Did you listen to his latest interview? He didn't come right out and say that he doesn't like the bike, but you dont have to lean in too far to get there. The script sounds very similar to what we heard from Reed during his last year on the red sled.... or from Bubba during his last year on ole blue. I would not be surprised to see Eli changing colors as soon as his contract is done.

Lots of people thought RC would kill himself to death during his rookie year on the 250 2 smoke class.  

Tomac is fast and when you go fast, you crash big.  Though he did a lot of crashing chasing KR in the 250F class.  I hope he heals quickly.

He also beat KR as well outdoors on 250s last year IIRC didn't he?

I think ET has potential on big bikes. Though he won't be as competitive as Kroc or Barcia were right away IMHO. He has gone toe to toe with both on 250s has won some and lost some. Roczen's training made the difference this year I think, he seemed really ready at the beginning of SX, though maybe the grind as taken off a little of the luster possibly.  :ride: