Sign in to follow this  

The new Yami's...

I don't like your user name.  I didn't start a thread about it though...

• Like 3

This thread is not meant to diss anyone or to start trouble, just a simple question...

Who else besides me cant stand the looks of the new Yamaha thumpers??! Where did it go wrong???

where did they go right!!!!!

Edited by Suzuko

Kawboy- Yeah looks like it, I just don't understand why they had to ruin the look! Looks like a cheap Chinese toy IMO.

JS264- What better is there to do on a boring Thursday night?

• Like 1

Kawboy- Yeah looks like it, I just don't understand why they had to ruin the look! Looks like a cheap Chinese toy IMO.

your right!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen some guys with them at the track. I have to say I really dig them. The area between the shock and the engine where the airbox and carb are on most bikes is completely open. It makes then look super simple and light. I want one.

• Like 1

I've seen some guys with them at the track. I have to say I really dig them. The area between the shock and the engine where the airbox and carb are on most bikes is completely open. It makes then look super simple and light. I want one.

they are really super light.. i rode the 450 this weekend. love it

they are really super light.. i rode the 450 this weekend. love it

You Scalawag!

It is a cheap Chinese toy!

I bought one and had EFI issues the first time I rode it. Putted around on it second time I rode it and thought well its time to put it on the race track. Hit a 140 ft. table top and got to experienc a 4 th gear flame out on the face. Yes it was very exciting never was into stoppies my knee landed on the right foot peg. cleaned the shit out of pants and a quick thank you prayer. Took it back to the dealer and I think its ok. I will know if its ok in about an hour. I just hope I can suck it up to jump anything.

Less than impressed with EFI why couldnt they leave the throttle bodies alone.

• Like 1

Yes very ugly  plastic and they will go at some point. I hung on to a 09 and regret lettin it go. Out of the box its not to bad. I changed out some stuff that made a big difference. I like the sus. I tweaked on it a little and its not bad when I get a little more time on it I ll try to fine tune it. The overall power is good easy to wheelie.

Has anybody else bought a 13 or 14?

I bought one and had EFI issues the first time I rode it. Putted around on it second time I rode it and thought well its time to put it on the race track. Hit a 140 ft. table top and got to experienc a 4 th gear flame out on the face. Yes it was very exciting never was into stoppies my knee landed on the right foot peg. cleaned the shit out of pants and a quick thank you prayer. Took it back to the dealer and I think its ok. I will know if its ok in about an hour. I just hope I can suck it up to jump anything.

Less than impressed with EFI why couldnt they leave the throttle bodies alone.

Yikes, that is incredibly scary!!!

Yikes, that is incredibly scary!!!

I have been racin for a long time I have broke frames,broke forks off, shelled wheels and took some dandy ass diggers but never experienced a flame out on the face of a jump. Couldnt make myself get on the race track so I just rode in the woods for a few hours with no stalls so I hope its all good. What part of Tex. are you in?

The bike looks awesome! Handles great, SSS suspension is perfect and hadn't had one issue with the EFI. I rode Hangtown yesterday and its hands down best bike I have ridden.

1399060859597.jpg

• Like 2